Street Guardian promotional activity.

no chance, we name them the way we do for a reason

I can see how it would allow for clarity for those who understand technical specs to understand what it is.

SG9665GC
SG - Street Guardian
9665 - Chipset
GC - Specific feature or description?

Everything is easy to hyperlink these days.

names do relate to hardware but that's just a part of it, catchy names might be easy to remember but they don't index very well in search engines when people are looking for your product, internally we just refer to them by their last two characters, GC, RC, SG, XS, DC, DR etc

with one of the many projects i've been involved with lately at my day job, i keep thinking "safeguard" when i see SG here... even though the actual abbreviation for the product is SGN (no idea why it has an N unless it's N-cryption)

"Eye See from SG"

I looked at a lot of those play on words type names when I first started but ended up deciding against doing that for various reasons
It was definitely a facetious suggestion. My initial reaction to 'cute' names is the product won't sell based on performance so let's sell a name instead - kind of the same as using a pretty girl in the ads for a marginal product.

It was definitely a facetious suggestion. My initial reaction to 'cute' names is the product won't sell based on performance so let's sell a name instead - kind of the same as using a pretty girl in the ads for a marginal product.

yeah that's pretty much my take on it also, have trouble taking products seriously when they have silly or misspelled names, do understand that the longer you wait the less choices you have so some may choose odd names for that reason, kind of like vanity plates that people have to spell out for you so you get it, I think if it's not obvious why bother

Hehe i can see some one have been busy with the BLUR function in photoshop ;) but i like what i can still see :)

Wish i was there snooping around as i am sure there is a lot of interesting stuff to look at.

Back