Street Guardian sent me someones broken dash camera

Mr. Craig

Reaction score
Country
United States
After spending many many hours and finding so many dash cams on Amazon that had fake reviews I went with the safe choice and chose the SG9665GC V3 with 64GB card for about $200 on Amazon. The Amazon site says "fulfilled by Amazon." My dash cam came today from Street Guardian instead of Amazon. That is odd I thought, but no big deal, got my cam. When I see the cigarette plug for power I see it is broken off! I know I have seen this before from a review on Amazon. It is this guys dash cam he returned!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B019WXYCMM

This is Amazons fault right? I have heard Street Guardian having awesome support and such a great company, which is why I went with them. Maybe they said send a used one so you received an order from Amazon for a reconditioned one. Then missed the cigarette power plug?

All I know is I ordered a brand new one on Amazon for a brand new price, that Amazon should have fulfilled. I got this guys broken one from Street Guardian. I know I'll get it resolved ok I can easily return to Amazon but this just baffles me. Would like to know how it happened. The S/N: is 17020122 which I am sure will be the guy in the review he posted last month. Do you need pics? Will be glad to post some.

Have you contacted Street Guardian USA ?

Hello, Amazon fulfillment warehouse should only be shipping brand new products. We only send brand new products for FBA/Prime sale. Any returns are shipped to us back in Nevada.

Is the broken power supply the only thing that seems "used"?

We are happy to send you a new power supply or exchange the whole thing out if you feel better that way.

We would never sell used items as new. You can check the Vendor section and you'll see any open box items get sold on e-Bay only once in a blue moon. (we don't get very many returns)

Please send me a private message or email me your details. (my business card should be in the box)
~Jon
Street Guardian USA

The cam didn't looked used, but possible it was, the stuff in the bottom of the box looked stuffed in not like I would think it would come from the factory or the place it was packed. I will go ahead and send my info to you and request a new one. I was hoping I would get a reply like this. I knew I could have simply talked to Amazon and they would have sent out another but I expected Amazon could have been at fault, or someone else, and people should know. That is just how it is when people think they got suckered. Thank you for the reply.
Hello, Amazon fulfillment warehouse should only be shipping brand new products. We only send brand new products for FBA/Prime sale. Any returns are shipped to us back in Nevada.

We are happy to send you a new power supply or exchange the whole thing out if you feel better that way.

We would never sell used items as new. You can check the Vendor section and you'll see any open box items get sold on e-Bay only once in a blue moon. (we don't get very many returns)

Please send me a private message or email me your details. (my business card should be in the box)
~Jon
Street Guardian USA

The cam didn't looked used, but possible it was, the stuff in the bottom of the box looked stuffed in not like I would think it would come from the factory or the place it was packed. I will go ahead and send my info to you and request a new one. I was hoping I would get a reply like this. I knew I could have simply talked to Amazon and they would have sent out another but I expected Amazon could have been at fault, or someone else, and people should know. That is just how it is when people think they got suckered. Thank you for the reply.

~Jon
Street Guardian USA

There was no card in the box, another indication of a problem. I have tried to find a way to do private message but I could not figure out how. I don't usually post to forums, just read them. Should I contact you, "Jon" at street guardian? Or another email address? Thanks.

There was no card in the box, another indication of a problem. I have tried to find a way to do private message but I could not figure out how. I don't usually post to forums, just read them. Should I contact you, "Jon" at street guardian? Or another email address? Thanks.

maybe better if @Street Guardian USA sends you a message and you just reply

we did have a problem previously with Amazon restocking returns, they were doing that when people had sent things back marked as unwanted gift or similar, I guess figuring people were honest with the descriptions, not always the case unfortunately, we did ask them to send back any return regardless of what the customer claimed as we would find people would leave things out of the box, intentionally or not who knows but the system is open to abuse so can't be trusted, no return should end up back in the system but sounds like they may need a refresher on that, Jon will sort things out directly for you and get things back on track I'm sure, apologies for the inconvenience

Here is the Amazon Seller Central setting where we tell Amazon to NOT re-sell returns. (see red arrow) I've read somewhere in the Seller Central forums awhile back that sometimes Amazon will still send a returned product back into the "new" pool of cameras for sale by mistake from time to time especially if a customer marks certain reasons. This is beyond our control unfortunately. I'll open a support ticket about it and raise some more hell about it. I'll send a private message now, check the inbox in the upper right shortly.

FBA.png

Wouldn't be the first time Amazon put a return into the new stock to be sold again. Won't be the last either unfortunately. Very frustrating dealing with the way Amazon does some things.

Amazon is a Love HaTe relationship. The madness never ends. Some mornings I wake up to a complete emergency, listing pulled for random dumb reasons etc.

Wouldn't be the first time Amazon put a return into the new stock to be sold again. Won't be the last either unfortunately. Very frustrating dealing with the way Amazon does some things.

some consumers make things worse, there have been times where returns have come back that don't even have our products in the box, we had a few cases where they were buying ours then returning them with a generic B40 in the box also, sadly there's some shady people out there

Here is the Amazon Seller Central setting where we tell Amazon to NOT re-sell returns. (see red arrow) I've read somewhere in the Seller Central forums awhile back that sometimes Amazon will still send a returned product back into the "new" pool of cameras for sale by mistake from time to time especially if a customer marks certain reasons. This is beyond our control unfortunately. I'll open a support ticket about it and raise some more hell about it. I'll send a private message now, check the inbox in the upper right shortly.

View attachment 33183

Street Guardian is hooking me up. I am being taken care of. I lost a lot of faith in Amazon when they kept billing me for Prime when I knew for a fact I cancelled it, once the next month after I paid, decided to just take the $10 or so hit, chalk it up as my fault, it is only $10 or so. Made sure I cancelled but yet again I was billed the next month. Two months straight I knew I cancelled so I of course complained and they refunded me like they should. I mainly do it for the free shipping. Amazon just wanted extra $ if they could slide it by without people checking their CC statement.

Amazon is a strange beast at time, the support tickets can be ultra frustrating but it is what it is I guess

some consumers make things worse, there have been times where returns have come back that don't even have our products in the box, we had a few cases where they were buying ours then returning them with a generic B40 in the box also, sadly there's some shady people out there

I know what you mean. Thankfully I don't really own or operate a business, just a rental. So I am a landlord I guess. If they don't worry about a legal contract for thousands of dollars, and they also live next door I would hate to see what I would have to deal with for only a few hundred $ and no threat of a lawyer.

I had one buyer buy 5 cameras in five different transactions within one week. One week later he returned them all at once and Amazon pulled the listing for a high return rate. WTF!:confused:
I still can't figure out Amazons "general adjustment" emails. They seem to mean something different every time I ask about them. I think they purposely make things confusing so the seller will give up in frustration.
This thread actually just reminded me that I need to contact Amazon for some stock that has mysteriously gone missing over the past 2 weeks, even though I know I didn't sell that many. Sometimes I think there are some shady things going on in some of the Amazon warehouses.
Sorry, getting worked up. :mad:

Have you ever questioned any of the buyers about this? If so, it would be interesting to know what responses you received.

Amazon don't share the buyers details, you're always a step removed from knowing who you're dealing with, all the seller can do is report the fraudulent return and I guess (hopefully at least) if enough strikes against a buyer Amazon might do something

Back