Street Guardian SG9663DC 2018 - Questions from UK buyer

Hi Azibux1, I too just installed the SG9663DC last weekend and it all works great.
I too had questions about the GPS data... as some dashcams show the actual longitude and latitude on their display.

To verify the GPS in mine was 'really' getting collected, I use "Dashcam Viewer". Use Google... it's easily found. Install it and "open movie" to navigate to where your MicroSD card is on your PC.

If I remember right, I don't believe that "GPS" is actually displayed on the front camera's display when running. What I gathered from reading this whole thread is to ensure that you have "GPS" set as "Yes" in the camera's menu... and in seeing "WiFi" on the front camera display (while running) that also means that GPS is working?

Further, I've read elsewhere that certain WiFi dashcam apps via the Google Playstore partially work to connect to the DC as of now and that possibly an actual app (or firmware tweaks) may come in the future.

And yes, per my signature, my camera firmware is indeed listed as 1.15. ;)

Last edited:
OK, thanks so much for clarifying this. ;)
When sitting in the drivers seat it can be difficult to distinguish if and what icons are shown on the small screen.

But I intentionally got this for it's screen (and other features). As things get smaller a screen is no longer standard as evidenced via many camera's not having them but instead relying on apps and your phone for 'real-time' viewing. And with only having this camera installed/running for a few days, I am no expert. :unsure:

Upon initially trying Novatrakt, I couldn't get it to play.
Dashcam Viewer was very easy, download, install, open and navigate to the MicroSD card to select a file.
I'm keeping a list of all the possible video/GPS players as future updates may get them all to work with my camera.

Have you got a pic of the logo somewhere please so I know what I'm looking out for next time I'm in the car?

Sorry for confusion with "green" gps lock (mixed up with SGGCX2).

SG9663DC GPS icon looks like this.

IMG_20180202_083940.jpg

Back