Street Guardian SG9663DC 2018 - Questions from UK buyer

OK thanks regarding the memory, I see it is only £10 more for double the storage so makes sense to wait for the answer from @niko, just seems strange that the 128GB isn't Amazon fulfilled
Any thoughts on this please @niko? Thanks!

OK thanks regarding the memory, I see it is only £10 more for double the storage so makes sense to wait for the answer from @niko, just seems strange that the 128GB isn't Amazon fulfilled
Any thoughts on this please @niko? Thanks!
128GB SG9663DC Fulfilled by amazon is sold out and will be available once amazon receives and processes my new shipment, should be in a week. 128GB version is still now available from amazon Fulfilled by merchant (by me). Either way you buy I still look after you, no worries here.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

128GB SG9663DC Fulfilled by amazon is sold out and will be available once amazon receives and processes my new shipment, should be in a week. 128GB version is still now available from amazon Fulfilled by merchant (by me). Either way you buy I still look after you, no worries here.

That's great thanks for the response!! I will make a decision and buy soon :) I think this is looking a lot better than blackvue at the moment

Hi

128GB is gone entirely from Amazon now?

Thanks!

Active/visible listing DC 128GB on amazon (Fulfilled by merchant) has been changed to FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) and will be visible after amazon is going to process goods and add them to FBA inventory.

Active/visible listing DC 128GB on amazon (Fulfilled by merchant) has been changed to FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) and will be visible after amazon is going to process goods and add them to FBA inventory.

That's perfect thanks! I will keep an eye out for it to go live

That's perfect thanks! I will keep an eye out for it to go live
128GB DC is now back in stock on Amazon.co.uk (FBA).

Received and fitted the front camera today! Not tested yet.

BMW kindly put the only fuse box (aside from the engine bay one) all the way in the boot! Ended up running a hidden 12v from that boot fuse box up to below / next to the rear seat bench as that's as far as the SG power cable would reach.

Will tackle the rear camera install maybe tomorrow... Do these tend to cause any DAB radio issues? I know many other cars seem to have big issues with blackvue (and some other) rear dashcams and DAB signal

Received and fitted the front camera today! Not tested yet.

BMW kindly put the only fuse box (aside from the engine bay one) all the way in the boot! Ended up running a hidden 12v from that boot fuse box up to below / next to the rear seat bench as that's as far as the SG power cable would reach.

Will tackle the rear camera install maybe tomorrow... Do these tend to cause any DAB radio issues? I know many other cars seem to have big issues with blackvue (and some other) rear dashcams and DAB signal
Most known Dashcam installed close to DAB radio antenna and it's signal amplifier will cause interference. There are mixed reports from bmw owners with DAB radio who bought DC. Let us know about performance after yours is fully installed.

@niko I've installed just the front camera and GPS antenna for now but I have a quick question.

I left the speed stamp off in the options... But I thought this would still at least generate the GPS files on the card, but not stamp the speed into the video files.

But I don't have any GPS files at all?

@niko I've installed just the front camera and GPS antenna for now but I have a quick question.

I left the speed stamp off in the options... But I thought this would still at least generate the GPS files on the card, but not stamp the speed into the video files.

the detail is stored in the video, it doesn't create a separate file

the detail is stored in the video, it doesn't create a separate file
Oh right... I assumed it would be similar to blackvue where it can plot the car on a map? And have the speed in a separate file from the video which can be stamped or not

That's not possible at all?

Check if GPS logger antenna is plugged in correctly. Do you see "WiFi" icon on the LCD screen and is it green color?

Oh right... I assumed it would be similar to blackvue where it can plot the car on a map? And have the speed in a separate file from the video which can be stamped or not

That's not possible at all?

it will show the details with map, speed etc using an appropriate player, Registrator Viewer, Dashcam Viewer, GPScam etc

Check if GPS logger antenna is plugged in correctly. Do you see "WiFi" icon on the LCD screen and is it green color?
I will check this next time I'm in the car.

I believe the connector is firmly seated but again will double check

it will show the details with map, speed etc using an appropriate player, Registrator Viewer, Dashcam Viewer, GPScam etc
Does the speed stamp option have to be enabled for this? Or is that separate?

So with speed stamp set to off, will it still generate the rest of the info?

Back