doesn't leave much time for testing and bug fixes.
this model was in developed for a long time, the manufacturer took into account the wishes of many customers.
The priority is the reliability of the device.
It will soon be "combat" tests, I hope everything will be fine.

Being a Novatek based product means no hope for buffered parking mode, I'm assuming?

Being a Novatek based product means no hope for buffered parking mode, I'm assuming?

I don't think we'll be doing that, there are some advantages with buffered parking mode but there are disadvantages also, we are looking at other options while parked but still investigating at this stage, other things we need to get sorted before we get too deep into it

I don't think we'll be doing that, there are some advantages with buffered parking mode but there are disadvantages also, we are looking at other options while parked but still investigating at this stage, other things we need to get sorted before we get too deep into it

What is the current draw for the SG9663DC? Will it function well with a typical 10,000 - 20,000 mAh power bank? As you know, I have been running four cams in full time parking mode using two 20,000 mAh power banks for three years now and find it to be a very workable parking mode method for many hours a day on an almost daily basis. It would be great if the SG9663DC will work that way and my hunch is that it should, no?

What is the current draw for the SG9663DC? Will it function well with a typical 10,000 - 20,000 mAh power bank? As you know, I have been running four cams in full time parking mode using two 20,000 mAh power banks for three years now and find it to be a very workable parking mode method for many hours a day on an almost daily basis. It would be great if the SG9663DC will work that way and my hunch is that it should, no?

I forgot to check it yesterday, I'll check it today when I get to the office, have one set running on my desk the past few weeks

I forgot to check it yesterday, I'll check it today when I get to the office, have one set running on my desk the past few weeks

Thanks! Since I can easily run two dash cams from a single power bank I'm thinking the dual channel SG9663DC should work too. For anyone wanting parking mode who is concerned that this camera can't do dedicated buffered parking mode I would encourage exploring the use of power banks. I find full time high bit rate coverage to be quite valuable and the hassle of dealing with and recharging power banks overnight has become a no big deal routine. There is probably no easier and lower cost method available and the alternative would be a hardwired battery protection device or something like the Cellink.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The difference here is that I paid just over twenty dollars USD each for my two power banks and they have performed flawlessly for three fully years now as of this month compared to well over 300 dollars for a Cellink-B. Plugging them in once or twice a day and recharging overnight has been a worthwhile endeavor.
A very smart solution.

it varies between around 360mAh and 720mAh which is pretty much double the value of the single channel products

Thanks jokiin. That's about what I was expecting and it confirms my hunch that it would turn out to be similar to running two cameras. This means that this camera should likely run just fine off a typical power bank.

Thanks jokiin. That's about what I was expecting and it confirms my hunch that it would turn out to be similar to running two cameras. This means that this camera should likely run just fine off a typical power bank.

most likely, that was measured with one of those inline USB doctor type devices, I'll check it next week using the cig adapter and the lab supply which generally gives a more accurate reading and see how it looks on that in comparison

most likely, that was measured with one of those inline USB doctor type devices, I'll check it next week using the cig adapter and the lab supply which generally gives a more accurate reading and see how it looks on that in comparison

Even if it draws as much as 1 amp it would be fine if plugged into the standard 2.1 amp port on most 10,000-20,000 mAh two USB port banks. The fact that one could run this two channel cam from a power bank if they wish to seems like a plus to me.

Even if it draws as much as 1 amp it would be fine if plugged into the standard 2.1 amp port on most 10,000-20,000 mAh two USB port banks. The fact that one could run this two channel cam from a power bank if they wish to seems like a plus to me.

it peaks and dips as it's working but I would say it was averaging somewhere around the 450 to 500mAh mark overall

Are both front and rear housings similar in shape / format? i.e. wedge design with vertical angle adjustment?

Are both front and rear housings similar in shape / format?
form factor different but it is very convenient for installation and invisible
wedge design with vertical angle adjustment?
Yes, adjust the camera lens up and down

Is there a Starvis single channel on the way as wel?

Back