alexsoll

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, Thinkware
Street Guardian SG9663DC (DC = Dual Channel)

c60c9c97cfcc.png

CPU: Novatek NT96663
CMOS sensor (front camera): Sony Exmor R IMX291 (Starvis)
CMOS sensor (back camera): Sony Exmor IMX323
Lens: 7 elements, metal case holder, glass optics, angle of view (135° diagonal)

Video resolution:
1 camera separately (front) = Full HD 1920x1080, 60 fps
2 cameras together (front + back) = 1920x1080 Full HD, 2 x 30 fps

SG9663DC Dual Channel Full HD 1080p Drive Recorder

The SG9663DC is a Dual Channel (Front and rear) drive recorder. FULL HD 1080P DashCam Video Security Car DVR Appliance. Super-Capacitor + Metal Lens Holder-Base means Extreme Temperature Resistance!

Novatek 96663 Processor, Sony Exmor R CMOS Sensor (front) and Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor (Rear), 7 element (6 glass + IR cut filter), IR cut, Medium-Wide horizontal resulting in a Crystal Clear Perfectly Focused Sharp Image!
Full HD 1080P at 30fps (both front & rear) @ 15Mbit/sec, H.264 Encoding MP4 format, GPS enabled.
Large pixel native 1080P sensor + WDR means GOOD Night performance. Clip on CPL, microSD Card, USB/OTG Android Card Reader & GPS Logger SGGPSWM Included! Support for microSD cards up to 256GB!
2.0-inch HD TFT screen. Ultra-Compact Glass Hugging Stealthy Install. Near Vertical Windows? No Problem, just use the included secondary thicker base plate stick on mount.
1 Year No Hassle Warranty

Specifications:

Processor: Novatek NT96663
Lens: 7 Element, Metal chassis, Glass lens, IR cut, medium wide horizontal viewing angle
CMOS sensor: Sony Exmor R (Front) Sony Exmor (Rear)
Video resolution: Full HD 1080P at 30fps @ 15Mbit/sec – both front & rear camera.
Video format: H.264 compression, MP4 format
LCD display: 2.0-inch HD TFT screen
Microphone: Built-in, on/off menu selectable
Speaker: Built in
Storage media: MicroSD card, Minimum 32GB Class10 recommended, 256GB maximum*
Gapless recording: Supported with 1 second overlap
Recording cycle: Menu selectable – 1 min/2min/3 min/5 min
Date stamped video: Supported
User selectable speed display: Supported
Custom user text: Supported
Motion detection: Supported
Soft shutdown: Supported, last file save and soft shutdown
Screen saver: Supported, menu selectable – 5 min, 3 min, 1 min, 30sec, 15sec
Night mode: Wide dynamic range (WDR)
Built-in G-sensor: Yes, with adjustable sensitivity
Incident file protect: Automatic by G-Sensor/Manual emergency by one touch button
GPS: Included (external)
Exposure compensation: Menu selectable -2.0 to 2.0
White balance: Auto
Language: English/Spanish/Russian/Portuguese/German/Italian/Japanese/French/Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese
Power supply: Fail-safe Super Capacitor
RTC (Real Time Clock): Supported
Dimensions Front (LxWxH): 85 x 52 x 35mm (excluding the bracket)
Unit Net Weight Front: 75g
Dimensions Rear (LxWxH): 50 x 52 x 25mm (excluding the bracket)
Unit Net Weight Rear: 35g
*Memory cards must be formatted in camera
https://streetguardian.info/sg9663dc

720.png

IMGP0220.jpg

aca8b75eb6ba.png

43aa34041da6.png

fb15754cf2cd.png

e0f6d33ccae0.png

Attachments

• Starvis.png
    Starvis.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Sign me up too :D Not crazy about a 135 deg FOV and 30FPS limitation but it will do. Any specs on Amperage draw?

Phil

I'm sure SG has their reasons but why not 291 for both the front and back..? Curious..

Last edited:
Sign me up too :D Not crazy about a 135 deg FOV and 30FPS limitation but it will do. Any specs on Amperage draw?

Phil

FOV is diagonal actual figures, maybe confusing for comparison when most quote some lens figure that is never actually achieved anyway, 30fs is a chipset limitation for 2 x 1080p mode

current draw I'll try to have a look at tomorrow, I have one running on my desk in the office, just need to remember to check the numbers

I sure SG has their reasons but why not 291 for both the front and back..? Curious..

I wanted to but not supported by the chipset at this stage, we have made the housing compatible with the 291 sensor board though so we can upgrade the rear to the 291 once the rest of the hardware can support it

CPU: Novatek NT96663
CMOS sensor (front camera): Sony Exmor R IMX291 (Starvis)
CMOS sensor (back camera): Sony Exmor IMX322
Lens: 7 elements, metal case holder, glass optics, angle of view (135° diagonal)

Video resolution:
1 camera separately (front) = Full HD 1920x1080, 60 fps
2 cameras together (front + back) = 1920x1080 Full HD, 2 x 30 fps

* planned start of sales at the end of may beginning of june

information will be updated

i thing not a good name. They may wonder why 9663 < 9665 when actualy it's 96663, not 9663.

Excited for more details!

Liking the 5v input which open up lots of options for powerbanks :) And the name is complicated enough already- leave it alone or I'll get confused :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know it's a true FOV number versus BS from many others which makes it tolerable. Perhaps later something wider can be done (or experimented with by users :D) I'm just a wide-angle freak even if it's a little distorted at the edges for primary cam use.

Just curious if anyone yet has a chipset that will support 1080P60 +1080P30 (or 1080P60 f0r both), or perhaps even a higher resolution and FPS? Though I can scarcely afford it, I will pay more to get more in that department.

We're always wanting more and better everything, and every cam is a compromise. I think this will be a better compromise than the other current 2ch cams and I'm looking forward to owning one :cool:

Phil

Liking the 5v input which open up lots of options for powerbanks :) And the name is complicated enough already- leave it alone or I'll get confused :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know it's a true FOV number versus BS from many others which makes it tolerable. Perhaps later something wider can be done (or experimented with by users :D) I'm just a wide-angle freak even if it's a little distorted at the edges for primary cam use.

Just curious if anyone yet has a chipset that will support 1080P60 +1080P30 (or 1080P60 f0r both), or perhaps even a higher resolution and FPS? Though I can scarcely afford it, I will pay more to get more in that department.

We're always wanting more and better everything, and every cam is a compromise. I think this will be a better compromise than the other current 2ch cams and I'm looking forward to owning one :cool:

Phil

CPUSB01 and Vico-Power plus will still be he recommended hard wire kits.

I was born on a Friday the 13th, so I don't mind supporting a 666 product :)

The lens that was chosen has excellent edge to edge focus. I think it's just the right FOV, not too wide, not too narrow. (can never please everyone though unfortunately, but majority should be pleased)

Higher resolution means smaller pixels. Smaller pixels means less light is captured and that hurts night performance. 1080P is the sweet spot for low light dashcam capabilities and IMX291 is very capable.

As Dual technology improves I'm sure 60FPS dual will be an option in future products, but not today.

Last edited:
...Just curious if anyone yet has a chipset that will support 1080P60 +1080P30 (or 1080P60 f0r both), or perhaps even a higher resolution and FPS? ...
That will happen about the same time that an affordable 1TB (Class 30, U6) mSD card is released to the public. Will need a card that big and fast for the amount of data that will be generated by such a camera. :eek:

Last edited:
Something about this upcoming camera sounded very familiar to me but I couldn't quite place it until I realized I was thinking about the Lucas QVIA R975WD 2 channel dash cam that uses the same Sony Exmor R IMX291 and Exmor IMX322 sensors in the front and rear cams.

I think the
SG9663DC may turn out to be the more practical, straightforward and better executed solution without all the bells & whistles that many of us probably don't want or need and probably more stealthy as well. 5V vs 9-24V is a plus right out of the gate.

In any event, I'm already looking forward to seeing the inevitable comparison threads and discussion. :)

* planned start of sales at the end of may beginning of june
doesn't leave much time for testing and bug fixes.

Back