Once the addiction set in, such things become arbitrary, thank god there are no pictures of my windscreen circulating on the internet, i would have to pull a "Lance" if that was the case.

This is just a question about design - noticing that the VIOFO is very similar in design to the DC and it has a GPS base. My reason for asking is that eliminates another cord to hide - any plans on developing this into the DC?

Hi,
Just purchased a SG9663DC (well 2 of them, actually) through a UK distributor.
They're now fitted to our cars......and aside from one dead rear camera (quickly replaced), they are great.
However,
I have a question about the embedded GPS data.
I've not been able to get this on Registrator viewer - is it not compatible?
All I can get is the current speed printed at the bottom of the footage.
I'm aware that RV isn't being maintained any more........

Thanks for the quick response - do you log G-sensor data?
DashCam Viewer doesn't seem to have the option to display it, though.........

I was aware of the circumstances under which RV was no longer maintained.....RIP

I find using dedicated dashcam players, well after a short while then i dident use them so much, instead i just use any old video player as its the video i am after and the meta data, well its nice thats its there but i dont need to see it.

Well...I have it installed including the hard wire kit, and the unit gives me a Hard wire Kit required message when I go into the Parking Mode option. To say I am not pleased given the 3 hr install would be an understatement.
EDIT: My screw up, did not place 2 small fuses on the tap, just one. Working fine now. Once I run it through it's paces I will decide if I want to replace my other dashcams in the E55 and X5 with a similar setup. This one is installed in my daily-F30 BMW.

Last edited:
This is all new to me, and most people i think, but if you have the hard wire kit required MSG and the kit installed, then there is something wrong.

So my immediate guess would be that both + wires are on switched circuits or the always on are not hot for some reason.
Could also be a broken hard wire kit.

Anyways the guys will have you steered towards a functioning setup soon i am sure.

There you go buddy, some times you just need to step back and breathe,,,,,, i know cuz i am inclined to storm ahead head first, and then you can end up in a situation like this.

Купил пару месяцев назад. Дисплей умер. Запись не идет. Буду возвращать в магазин товар отвратительного качества

Attachments

• IMG_7994.JPG
    IMG_7994.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7995.JPG
    IMG_7995.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 35
That’s a Novatek bug I’ve seen pop up even on other Novatek NT96663/NT96660 based dashcam products. The Fix is easy. Update to the latest firmware.

Can someone explain motion detect to me please?

So I hook up a battery pack to power the camera when parked up, turn motion detect on and leave it. When I review the footage I have files of various lengths for both the front and rear cam. Am I right in thinking that the camera will record a file for as long as it detects movement, hence the different lengths of the files between the front/rear cams?

Lastly, do I need to turn motion detect off when I drive my car as normal via the 12v car socket?

Motion detect trigger upon motion, and as long as there is motion it will stay on, hence the different file sizes i recon, add to that some time out period from when motion stop and until camera go back into standby mode.

Back