Street Guardian SG9663DC Dual Channel Dash Cam Drive Recorder

Cliffo4

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi
Street Guardian have told me that their new app is to be released in a few weeks.
I have purchase and installed this dash cam on my Prado using a hard wiring kit.
I am using DOD as my app (Novcam did not work).
The Wifi on the dash cam shuts down about one minute after I have turne off the engine and the cam goes into parking mode, does anyone have an idea why.
I am thinking the wifi does not work in parking mode or is there is a setting I have overlooked.
My GPS is not working also.
The replay quality on the windows dashcam program is a lot poorer then when I play the files on my media player.
Thanks Mark

first public beta is a few weeks away

check the app settings, there's some auto off settings in those apps that don't exist in the camera that cause the wifi to turn off, that setting is not in our app

do you have any GPS logo on the display?

if you view the player the video will be resized compared to the media player, it will always look best at full res

We been chatting a little on PM, but ill let you take it from here.
I suggested maybe not properly inserted GPS plug.

We been chatting a little on PM, but ill let you take it from here.
I suggested maybe not properly inserted GPS plug.

the post was originally in the new dashcam announcements section and you can't reply there, had to get the post moved here before I could reply

Yeah so i PM with him, and requested admin to move here.
Auto are off now wifi work as he would like :)

yeah there are some settings in those apps that can make changes in the camera that don't apply to our firmware, a bit counter intuitive but hopefully that will be over soon once we get this next app update sorted

Back