Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO Dual + Street Guardian SGDCHW

markalem

Reaction score
Country
United States
After significant research, it appears that SG is undebatably a very strong company with solid customer service and outstanding product.
All reviews I read spoke very highly of this Dashcam.
I have a Toyota RAV4 2012 Sport.
I have two questions if anyone can help:
1- For the SGDCHW, what fuse kit should I buy?
2- I will ask a professional technician to install it (going to cost 70-75 dollars installation fee), so this will add significantly to the price. I heard that SG has coupons intermittently, and wanted to see if any of you have any valid coupons to keep it within my budget. Initially, I was going to go with Viofo but the SG quality appears better. However, with this jump, my budget is cracking a bit. Thanks so much for the tips.

Hi Mark, welcome to the Street Guardian club soon. If you're not able to determine your fuse type, we have a new combination all-in-one kit for $10 more that includes every type.
Most professional installers don't bother with fuse taps and splice into direct wires unless you ask them.
I'll private message you a special deal coupon to buy direct instead of Amazon. (to avoid the 11% Seller fee we can pass on to you) Check your inbox in the upper right shortly.

Welcome to the forum markalem.

Yes SG are very active with their customer care and service, thats really nice cuz while those things was big in the old days for our fathers and mothers, it seem like in the later decades companies just don't care anymore.
The fuse type of your car depend on the brand / model, i have just been messing with my friends Mercedes E class, and to my bit surprise all of its fuses under the hood and in the cabin box which strangely are places in the back of the estate was the regular "old" ATO type, where many newer cars like my own 2012 Suzuki use one of the smaller sizes.
Some guys in there i think know of online places where they can look up what fuses are in play, but i have no idea where that is.

SG ship "Direct" out of Nevada, and it seem most states get a overnight service from there, shipping speeds have often been applauded in here.

Thanks so much for the gracious replies and for the generous discount.
I am very grateful, i will follow the advice and get the kit that has all the fuse types!!!
I cant wait to have it installed!

If I am soliciting the help of a professional installer, then, perhaps it doesnt matter which type of fuse kit I get? did I understand this correctly? I suspect that my Toyota RAV4 2012 has mini ATO low profile, but not 100 percent sure (currently asking in another forum).
Thnaks for the clarification.

If you want to save $10 yes get any kit and the pros can make it work still. The most common one we sell is Mini ATO.

Got it!!! very grateful again!! ill consult with the technician (i have his email) and will go from there!!!!

Back