Street Guardian SG9665GC for HGVs

arcticfire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a run of bad luck with 0805s and 0826s I'm looking to get a different brand.

They will all be hardwired using the Nextbase hardwire kit so the 12V/24V factor is not an issue but they will be wired to a fuse which is not always on because we need to provide privacy to the employees when they switch off the engine whilst on their breaks. I've also got Mini-Micro USB adapters (Nextbase use Mini USB)

Here's the essential requirements:

• Must be 100% reliable with recording video
  • Must create a separate GPS file for viewing in registration viewer
  • Wide angle due to the size of the windscreen
  • Records audio
  • Budget is about £80-120 max per camera
  • Can take Class 6 32GB cards
  • 1080p
  • Micro or Mini USB to supply power

Here's the desired requirements:

• Ideally be an adhesive mount style and not suction cup (unless the suction cup one could be easily adapted to use adhesive)
  • Driver stamp
  • Speed stamp
  • Can take Class 10 64GB cards
  • 1440p
  • Micro USB to supply power
  • Can be locked/protected against tampering
  • LCD screen
  • Small profile

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciately. I've been browsing through lots myself but I can't tell if part of the suction cup adapter can be removed and replaced with an adhesive pad? It looks like they can but not sure. The size doesn't really matter as it's going into commercial HGVs which are securely parked at night.

The ION has been 100% faultless so far but it's far too difficult to obtain GPS data. If the Mini series were reliable then they would be ideal but alas all of the 9 cameras I bought have failed in some way or another.

The Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 has caught my eye and looks like the perfect camera. Would it be suitable for an HGV windscreen though which is more vertical than a car windscreen?

The Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 has caught my eye and looks like the perfect camera. Would it be suitable for an HGV windscreen though which is more vertical than a car windscreen?
It comes with two attachment plates - thin and thick. The thicker one is designed specifically to allow the camera to be mounted on a vertical windscreen.

Great thanks. I've ordered one through Amazon to trial. Well it's the only one lol I think the seller is on here, Niko is it?

Great thanks. I've ordered one through Amazon to trial. Well it's the only one lol I think the seller is on here, Niko is it?

Thanks. Your order has been dispatched 2h after you placed it and tracking number added into your Amazon account. I am going to e-mail you some useful info later on so you can prepare yourself for installation and operating of SG9665GC.
If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

Great cheers. Going to do a week or two trial and if successful I'll need another 9 of them.

They will be hardwired through the nextBase hardwire kit to a fuse via an add-a-circuit which only comes on with the ignition. Will it be OK with that?

Many thanks
Graham

Great cheers. Going to do a week or two trial and if successful I'll need another 9 of them.

No problem. If any advice / help needed, feel free to e-mail, I am always here ( or via direct e-mail ) to assist you.

They will be hardwired through the nextBase hardwire kit to a fuse via an add-a-circuit which only comes on with the ignition. Will it be OK with that?

As I understood all your HGVs already have installed nextbase hardwire kits, or you only planning to buy them ?

P.S. some tips and useful info regarding SG9665GC is sent to your amazon account.

Hardwire kits already installed and ready to rock!

Cheers will check my mail. Wish all suppliers could be as proactive as you!

MiniUSB type plug should work with SG9665GC and most likely in the beginning you might not see any difference, but it is is always recommended to use original supplied power lead.
As @jokiin mentioned HERE " we changed power cables 5 times before we got to the one we use now, stable power is very important for capacitor based cameras ". Latest cigarette lighter charger uses double-shielding + ferrite to provide stable performance and eliminate interference. Also our latest power cable can be hardwired directly to 12V fuse box without need of any additional voltage converters, because voltage converter sits above cigarette lighter. Anyway, you can try using existing installed hardwire and see how it works for you. If you will see any anomalies, then you can always change to original power supply.

Cheers for that, I'll suggest to the mechanic about using your power cable.

Regarding the nextBase I chose it over the unbranded ones because the latter were reportedly using cheap low gauge wiring whereas the nextBase seems pretty decent quality. Also it takes care of the voltage differences.

The delivery date is now suddenly showing 22nd February - 11th March? That's quite a window! Would you have a more accurate eta please?

The delivery date is now suddenly showing 22nd February - 11th March? That's quite a window! Would you have a more accurate eta please?

Those estimates are from Amazon automated system. Your package should be already in UK.

Dashcam arrived safely today cheers. Could I just check, you recommended using the supplier power cable but as we are hardwiring how would you recommend integrating this without tapping into either the wires or unscrewing the cig adapter and attaching wires that way, which is a little insecure for my liking?

Many thanks

Dashcam arrived safely today cheers. Could I just check, you recommended using the supplier power cable but as we are hardwiring how would you recommend integrating this without tapping into either the wires or unscrewing the cig adapter and attaching wires that way, which is a little insecure for my liking?

Many thanks

New v2 cigarette lighter plug is 12 volt and 12v to 5 volt converter is above it, so you can cut cig.lighter plug and use wires to hardwire to your fuse box. Red wire to switched ( ACC ) fuse by using add-a-circuit you got from NextBase set, black to car body.

Will it be ok with trucks though running 24V what with cutting the wire? I would have assumed the step-down was in the adapter? Also, what's the other black box half way down the wire?

Will it be ok with trucks though running 24V what with cutting the wire? I would have assumed the step-down was in the adapter? Also, what's the other black box half way down the wire?

the adapter is empty, the power supply is in the small box on the cable about 50cm from the plug

Back