Street Guardian SG9665GC for HGVs

Aye it is in all the way, seems to be back.

I'm experimenting now with 1 min intervals and so far so good. Not giving up this time as the cam is ideal, just need to ensure reliability.

Reluctant to try other cards because I'll be buying another 10 of these units and already bought an extra batch of cards so currently sitting with 20 cards altogether lol

• The power supply worked perfectly with the ION dash cam so it cannot be the problem. It also worked fine with the Mini 0805 and when I swapped it for the 0826 I only had a few issues but it was card reading errors (error message came up) which the Mini series are famous for.
what power supply are you using, those are Micro USB, ours is Mini USB?

I'm using the supplied mini USB cable. Tried the 64GB card on 1 minutes rewrites and it's done it again. Trying the 32GB card now.

Why are dash cams so fussy? My Sony A6000 will work flawlessly with any SD card brand. You may get different performance but it will always work 100% and the same for any other camera I've had.

This is the firmware I'm on, is it the latest?

DSC_0777.JPG

I'm using the supplied mini USB cable. Tried the 64GB card on 1 minutes rewrites and it's done it again. Trying the 32GB card now.

Why are dash cams so fussy? My Sony A6000 will work flawlessly with any SD card brand. You may get different performance but it will always work 100% and the same for any other camera I've had.

This is the firmware I'm on, is it the latest?

View attachment 21155

Yes, I have updated yours to the latest firmware and tested before sending.
Do you have some new non-Samsung and non-Sandisk memory cards to test ? Not only Street Guardian, but many other dashcams reported being fussy with those brands/series memory cards. It's not dashcams are fussy, but rather memory cards are not adopted for all dashcams. Recently some well known memory cards manufacturers started even adding fine print into warranty : " ... warranty is not supported if used in dashcams", etc. Good feedback is from Transcend and Lexar 300x and up series.
If you still have those "other" 20 cards in original packaging, you may send them back for refund and I can send you tomorrow one Lexar for tests. Let me know.

What voltage cut-off selected on your Power Magic Pro ?

Cheers I'll get one of the recommended cards and give it a shot as I really want to get this working. If it does turn out to be the cards I can still return them as I got them from Amazon fulfilled and don't need the packaging. They never said not to use in dashcams so technically I may be able to say they aren't fit for purpose. Amazon are pretty good at returns when it's fulfilled.

Can't remember the cutoff but the battery is never going that low and the Street Guardian dashcam still has power. It's a large agm battery and it's never cut off with any other dash cam overnight and this current problem is happening within hours. I really don't think power is the problem.

Here is the paragraph from the SanDisk warranty policy.

Effective Date- January 16, 2015

"Thiswarranty does not cover use of the Product in connection with the following uses or devices (as determined by SanDisk): (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) video monitoring, security, and surveillance devices, (iii) internet protocol/network cameras, (iv) in-car recording devices/dashboard cameras/black box cameras, (v) display devices that loop video, (vi) continuous recording set top box devices, (vii) continuous data logging devices like servers, or (viii) other excessive uses that exceed normal use in accordance with published instructions."

https://www.sandisk.com/about/legal/warranty/warranty-united-states

Cheers I'll get one of the recommended cards and give it a shot as I really want to get this working. If it does turn out to be the cards I can still return them as I got them from Amazon fulfilled and don't need the packaging. They never said not to use in dashcams so technically I may be able to say they aren't fit for purpose. Amazon are pretty good at returns when it's fulfilled.

Can't remember the cutoff but the battery is never going that low and the Street Guardian dashcam still has power. It's a large agm battery and it's never cut off with any other dash cam overnight and this current problem is happening within hours. I really don't think power is the problem.

Yeah, let's do one step at the time to eliminate all possible causes. In any case no worries, I am going to look after you.

Cool I'll get that one. The Samsung 32GB Class 6 has successfully worked all night I think. It's still recording but haven't checked the footage yet so that's positive. Will keep testing until the other card arrives as 64GB is more suitable for work purposes.

Just another thought seeing as this cam doesn't have a battery, in the trucks they will be wired to a fuse which only comes on with the ignition. So they could be turning on and off up to ten times a day. My gut feeling is that this isn't good for any device. The Mini cams would switch to their own battery power so they only really went off occasionally and then at the end of the day.

Would you recommend they are wired to an always on fuse? Trucks are used daily and have large batteries so shouldn't need a battery protect.

Just checked the footage and it's all there, although only four hours worth on a 32GB card so definitely need 64GB. Will go Class 10.

The GPS isn't working again though. It was showing green bars so I'm really not sure what's going on here?

32GB card - no GPS.jpg

I had one person report GPS not working a month ago, they discovered their GPS plug wasn't inserted fully. (reinserted and all fixed)

Would it be suitable for an HGV windscreen though which is more vertical than a car windscreen?
No, 64 degrees is the max.
eVhNY70.jpg

If you follow the best aim 40/60 rule (40% sky, 60% cars/hood/dash) you would never need to aim it perfectly perpendicular.

I've already done that (see previous post) but even so it was working earlier and now it's not and I haven't touched the cable. Only seems to happen when I change cards I think? I'll recheck the cable but how could it be showing full green bars if not plugged in properly?

Back