Street Guardian SG9665GC for HGVs

Cheers, will get onto it. Should I flash the firmware then reset, or reset first? (I take it by resetting we are talking about the small reset button?)

Flash firmware. Reset to default using the default setting in the second layer of the settings menu. Format the card after that.

Cheers, will get onto it. Should I flash the firmware then reset, or reset first? (I take it by resetting we are talking about the small reset button?)

1. flash firmware
2. format memory card
3. reset to default factory setting from the menu
4. do hard reset by pressing "reset" button on the side of the unit.

Now you ready to go.

Flashed the firmware and did all the reset stuff and will see how things go. The GPS seems to be working ok again, perhaps it's all connected to the card issues? The transcend arrives tomorrow so will check that one out also.

Been doing some testing tonight with exposures etc, will be posting in the other thread about reg plates.

Cheers

This looks promising, got in car this morning and it's still flashing away and also full green GPS bars!

Transcend card arrived so I'm going to pop it in, format and run. Fingers crossed!

Well so far it seems like the PNY card bought from PC WORLD is pretty reliable but the Samsung and Transcend bought from Amazon are not. I'm wondering if even though they may be genuine and returning good speeds they could be cheap versions made under licence? The pricing would suggest this and it's a bit of a coincidence that the store bought one seems to be the best?

Tested my voltage at the point of output from the power magic pro and it's healthy when the engine is off and a stable 14.7V when turned on.

Big thanks to Niko though as he's really trying to help get to the bottom of this and doing some testing of his own. Excellent customer support!

DSC_0781.JPG

DSC_0783.JPG

I'm going to keep the voltage meter plugged in so that if it ever fails again I can check out the voltage before starting the car.

Well that's it been running all weekend with the store bought PNY card and not a single hitch. I've also now installed rear facing 0805 which was my previously reliable one with another store bought PNY card and will see how that goes. I'm using a multi cigarette adapter and the install took 10 minutes thanks to the fuse box being in the boot so it was simply a case of connecting the cigarette adapter and tucking away the wires.

Hopefully the car battery will hold out and there's enough juice to run both cameras but there should be and currently running fine. Using the same 2A fuses in the add-a-circuits so nice and safe.

I feel I owe an apology to Niko due to the implication that the Street Guardian may be faulty but it seems like it's the Amazon sourced cards. But despite this he has still spent time and effort to help diagnose this so a big thanks for that.

Here's a few more photos of the rear install. I've got the 0805 set to spot metering to help deal with headlights overexposing the image at night.

DSC_0792.JPG

DSC_0791.JPG

I feel I owe an apology to Niko due to the implication that the Street Guardian may be faulty but it seems like it's the Amazon sourced cards. But despite this he has still spent time and effort to help diagnose this so a big thanks for that.

No worries at all. I am always here to assist you.

Here's a few more photos of the rear install. I've got the 0805 set to spot metering to help deal with headlights overexposing the image at night.

My rear facing 0805 does quite well at night ...

image.png

Pleased to report back that the SG is working perfectly in the HGV. Here's a little sample footage from dark morning and dull day:

Checked the footage again today from the test HGV and it's been working flawlessly with the PNY 64GB card. Just waiting for the rest of the cards to arrive from MyMemory to test the 128GB cards (their delivery is a little slow). But very happy! :)

Back