Street Guardian SG9665GC vs DOD LS470W [Sony Exmor IMX322 vs Sony Exmor IMX322]

LiPo batteries are rated as stable to 45°c when powered, you want parking mode the camera needs to be powered, a locked car parked in the sun will get to 30°c above the ambient temperature in around 30 minutes, pretty much anywhere in the world you're likely to be using this you're going to exceed that threshold in Summer quite easily

I measured the temperature in my car around lunchtime on a nice summer day (South-East England). Even in a fully shaded part of the car (under the instrument overhang) the thermometer was reading just over 50'C.

Of course, always capacitor is more safe and more reliable than battery,
this is definitely big positive pros for SG (I point this in the review in pros),

In some countries (like UK) when is 1% sun / 99% rain - per year, battery has some chance to survive few years without any problem (Of course, still not that good like Capacitor),

image.png

But not only capacitors are important; picture quality, aperture, build quality, lens quality... - that can be also very useful - specially when something fast hit your vehicle ... everything can happen on the road
eg. accident like Broken side view mirror (hit and run...) very popular accident / case in UK....

Hope you are agree with me.

Many thanks for all your comments, much appreciated!

Last edited:
Link here to UK climate summary maps:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate

Click on the 'Averages maps' tab above the map, then select the climate variable and season using the options on the right.

I'm in the South-East and in past summer weather I have had my fair share of battery problems or cam overheating problems which make me very hesitant to buy battery cams, especially (and ironically) DOD/Nextbase which have given me the worst problems and is why I won't hurry back to DOD/Nextbase products.
The long, sloped, 'aerodynamic' windscreen of my car and many modern cars lets in an awful lot of sun and heat (and gives cams a good roasting in direct sun for many hours).

I'm on mobile right now so that's a bit hard to check, I'm going to take a punt though that the average rainfall is somewhat less than 99% of the time

66% of the time here which is 99 upside down! I'm very jealous of you guys in Australia having BBQs on Christmas Day (or did Neighbours make that up?!)

.......With the dod camera. If you buy from the UK distributor you will also get 2 years warranty.....http://www.hdigital-eye.com/ls470.html

Small print says one year warranty.
Quote from website:

Limited warranty:
HDigital EYE / DOD-Tech UK warrants that the DOD DVR CAMERA will be free from defects in material or
workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of HDigital EYE / DOD-Tech UK shipment of the
DOD DVR CAMERA to you, the Customer.

I think you did not read what @2000rpm wrote.

Small print says one year warranty.
Quote from website:

Limited warranty:
HDigital EYE / DOD-Tech UK warrants that the DOD DVR CAMERA will be free from defects in material or
workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of HDigital EYE / DOD-Tech UK shipment of the
DOD DVR CAMERA to you, the Customer.

@2000rpm was referring to @wwp8 POST where he linked other Dod UK distributor, which has 12month warranty stated on their website.

It would be 2 years if it was sold here, you have to do that as thats the law.
Which make me wonder who the hell so many places here sell cheap Chinese stuff, but i recon its not all of it that break down the first time you sneeze within 3 feet of the product :D

It would be 2 years if it was sold here, you have to do that as thats the law.
Which make me wonder who the hell so many places here sell cheap Chinese stuff, but i recon its not all of it that break down the first time you sneeze within 3 feet of the product :D

Yeah, by law within EEA / EU / UK it must be 2y warranty. Those who provide 1y or less are just cutting corners. Only refurbished electronics may have 1y warranty, all the new electronics must have 2y.

So why there is 2 years? Maybe @2000rpn knows better?

e546cb4.jpg

Back