Street Guardian SG9665GC vs DOD LS470W [Sony Exmor IMX322 vs Sony Exmor IMX322]

Well, I emailed Hdigital eye and this is the response, I hope it helps.

Hi William,

many thanks for your email,

All DOD-Tech cameras have 2 years warranty in UK. We provide full support and quick 24h replacement service if needed.
We are official DOD distributor in UK and you can check it on official DOD website below:
http://www.dod-tec.com/index.php/content/index/24/41

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions,

Many thanks,
Best regards,

I asked, cos you all questioned it, and noone can be bothered to ask,
it doesn't hurt to ask.

I asked, cos you all questioned it, and noone can be bothered to ask,
it doesn't hurt to ask.

wasn't knocking you for asking, just saying if they give a 2 year warranty they should have that on the website instead of 1 year, you shouldn't have to ask

Bear in mind, some of the products do have 1 year warranty, ie the mid/lower end models ( LS360W) so its those I will be more aware of

Bear in mind, some of the products do have 1 year warranty, ie the mid/lower end models ( LS360W) so its those I will be more aware of

the same rules apply, just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it shouldn't also have 2 years warranty, same rules regardless of the price

Yes, that is odd, however they did reply saying that all cameras sold in the UK will have 2 years warranty. so no idea if they need to update anything else.

the same rules apply, just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it shouldn't also have 2 years warranty, same rules regardless of the price

They need to update their website. An email from some bloke who may not be working for DOD this time next week is essentially worthless to the buying public.

bit of an oversight really, it's not like the 2 year warranty is a new thing

but SG9665GC has 1yr:

1ead9f5.jpg

Last edited:
but SG9665GB has 1yr:

1ead9f5.jpg

GC has a 2 year warranty in the EU/UK (EU law)

Like Apple, GC has a 1 year warranty in North America at this time but we are potentially evaluating & following that model now that stability is mature. Amazon Prime gives you the option to buy a 2 year warranty. You highlighted the wrong 64gb non prime listing

but SG9665GB has 1yr:

That's USA

in the UK, EU it's 2 years, the product cost 40% more to land in the EU than it does in the USA thanks to taxes and duties, I guess the governments there justify pushing those costs onto the consumer by making out they're the good guys and mandating for 2 years warranty

but SG9665GB has 1yr:

Not according to @niko's website:
http://hiniko.com/

With the SG cams being capacitor power, I would expect that if they have a defect they will fail within a few weeks to a few months, with very few failures after that apart from old age or damage.

But with the DOD/Nextbase cams being battery powered (and with the reported issue of them having bad charging circuits in addition to mediocre batteries, and now more people emerging on various UK cam/car forums with misbehaving NB402G, plus complaints about DOD software and lack of patched firmware, plus the heat-related focus loss of the DOD/NB cams) it seems likely that there will be those that fail within a few months (same as there will be defective SG units) but there will be other DOD/Nextbase which fail at longer intervals during or just out of warranty due to battery failure.

But with a NB402G having died pretty quickly in my car a year ago (black car with large/long windscreen which gets very hot in summer, even UK summer) I'm actually tempted to get one of these new DOD cams to see how long it survives (and note the quality of the repair/replace/refund policy if/when the cam fails), especially as it will be alongside a SG cam. My money would be on the SG coping better but I'm open minded and temped to give it a try and report back at the end of the summer.

to be upfront about that, if you have a problem with our product we won't repair it, we only replace for new, repair is impractical

Last year, when my NB402G (LS430W) failed, the major high street store I bought it from (Currys) said their computer system wanted to send it back for repair (which would take several weeks) rather than replace it.

In the end I managed to persuade them to give me a full refund; I hadn't had the cam for long and experience with mine along with seeing others having the same problem had left me concerned that a repair/replacement would have a high chance of eventually developing the same fault, except eventually I run out of warranty (stated to be one year).

In the end I managed to persuade them to give me a full refund; I hadn't had the cam for long and experience with mine along with seeing others having the same problem had left me concerned that a repair/replacement would have a high chance of eventually developing the same fault, except eventually I run out of warranty (stated to be one year).

I've replaced stuff before that has been well out of warranty, things need to be assessed on a case by case basis, I don't think someone coming to you a few days out of warranty and being turned down just because you legally could is fair at all, it happens though

.........I don't think someone coming to you a few days out of warranty and being turned down just because you legally could is fair at all.....

Computer says No! ............

In the case of the NB402G I suspected that it might end up going back a second or third time (I've encountered handful of people online whose NB402G had to go back twice or three times for 'repair' within a year - symptoms consistent with bad battery, possibly made much worse by a bad charging circuit).
With mine failing after a just a few months, I feared that it would be yet another one that went back more than once in a year, and therefore if repaired it would leave me with a problem cam as soon as the warranty expired.

Back