Street Guardian SG9665GC vs DOD LS470W [Sony Exmor IMX322 vs Sony Exmor IMX322]

Apart the capacitor, what do you think guys about LS460? Recording quality seems to be similar to the LS470, also is much cheaper than LS470:

I'm not interested to buy Street Guardian due to recording quality...
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...e-flaw-and-other-discouragements.17797/page-8
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sgzc12rc-blurry-and-out-of-focus.11899/

Anyone got any (other) suggestions?

What about Xiaomi DVR?
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...016-sony-exmor-imx322-vs-aptina-ar0230.18316/

Last edited:
to be upfront about that, if you have a problem with our product we won't repair it, we only replace for new, repair is impractical

Seems sensible and probably a much faster and hassle free experience for the customer also!

I think the law was recently changed in the UK or EU where under certain circumstances the customer can actually refuse a repair and request a replacement or refund. I'd need to look it up though, just rings a bell.

Apart the capacitor, what do you think guys about LS460? Recording quality seems to be similar to the LS470, also is much cheaper than LS470:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...e-flaw-and-other-discouragements.17797/page-8

Anyone got any (other) suggestions?

What about Xiaomi DVR?
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...016-sony-exmor-imx322-vs-aptina-ar0230.18316/

I've bought several of them and they all work prefectly. They are the latest ones and I've already ordered quite a few more and will be continuing to install them in the whole fleet. The night quality is great and I believe any exposure tweaks are top of the list for the next firmware release. The form factor and customer support are also important to me.

Seems sensible and probably a much faster and hassle free experience for the customer also!

I think the law was recently changed in the UK or EU where under certain circumstances the customer can actually refuse a repair and request a replacement or refund. I'd need to look it up though, just rings a bell.

the wording of the law seems very similar to what we have in Australia

If you're not interested in Street Guardian products, then it's clear that you need to do a lot more research.

different things appeal to different people and what you are I might feel is important can mean nothing to someone else, choice is a good thing though

every camera has its strengths and weaknesses, there is no perfect camera, and certainly no camera that is perfect for everyone

Is there a dashcam out there which hasn't had any issues? I looked around a lot before deciding. The SG9665GC seemed to have very few complaints and has a constant and strong customer service presence. It ticked a lot of boxes. But everyone has their own preferences it requirements.

Basic question:
Which camera has best recording picture quality, specially at night?
...no matter 1 or 2 year warranty... no matter capacitors.

Is it that DOD LS470W?
I'm asking just about "best picture quality recording".

In my opinion Street Guardian doing awesome promotion and support on this forum, but SG products definitely needs some improvements regarding recording quality.

What is your favourite guys?
@russ331 , Does recording quality of SGZC12RC (with new improved lens) is better than LS460W?

Which area of image quality at night are you more interested in? There's the actual quality of the resolution, the ability to deal with noise, the legibility of signs and vrns, the overall quality of exposure achieved, white balance accuracy etc?

Which car camera records better picture in similar environment like below (DOD LS460)?
is it SGZC12RC (with new improved lens)?

@russ331 , Does recording quality of SGZC12RC (with new improved lens) is better than LS460W?

I don't know or care. The DOD is a 'brick on a stick', a form factor that I despise, & wouldn't have on my windscreen if DOD were giving them away.

It's not small / discreet / stealthy like the SGZC12RC. It doesn't have pre-buffered Motion or G Sensing. It relies on a LiPo battery than will inevitably fail sooner or later. Quality dashcams don't use LiPo batteries, which is the hallmark of the cheap dashcam. Except that the DOD is £130 ... way too expensive for a dashcam that doesn't use capacitors.

It doesn't come with the 24/7/365 support enjoyed by RC owners, or the no-hassle 2 year replacement policy in the unlikely event of a hardware fault. My final reservation is that I personally wouldn't trust a DOD to record the vital last clip to memory card in the event of an accident.

@russ331, I was ask about picture quality....not about Warranty/ capacitors... and 24hours support from dashcamtalk forum :confused:

....doesn't look like "brick on stick" o_O

be29c88.jpg

Last edited:
@russ331, I was ask about picture quality....

The LS460W is probably similar or a small step up, while the LS470W is a step up.

So if it's just about video quality then get the DOD.

After you've owned dashcams for a while you'll come to appreciate that reliability is the number one concern because a cam has to be 100% reliable. 99% isn't good enough, especially if that 1% of the time is the last file failing to save properly due to heat-degraded battery not finishing the in-progress file.

In the case of my SGZC12RC-V2, I find that being able to fit it behind my sun visor means that it doesn't interfere with my field of view, nor breach any windscreen obstruction laws.
Being able to mount it so close to the driver's side windscreen pillar means it's surprisingly good at capturing number plates of passing cars because it is half the distance away compared to a centre-mounted cam, and has a more favourable angle once the plate is within range compared to a centre-mounted cam which has to try to capture a plate at the more distorted 'fisheye' edge of its field of view.

Picture below of my 'stealthy' SGZC12RC-V2 and my 'brick on a stick' Cobra 840E which is attached, upside-down, to the dash top (and the Cobra is smaller than a DOD/NB).
Second picture is the 'brick on a stick' NB402G shortly before it died (using another cam's mount because its own mount caused it to obstruct my vision).
Edited to add third picture showing external view of SG-RC

-

-

Last edited:
... I was ask about picture quality.... doesn't look like "brick on stick"

It's a brick on a stick alright. Typical lazy & conspicuous dashcam design. Easily seen by thieves. Return to your parked car to find broken glass & the dashcam gone.

Re the SGZC12RC, see review...

image.jpeg

[/user][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Don't forget that some of the markets these things are designed for need them to be more obvious so people don't jump on their cars like we see in some of the Chinese videos. These things aren't just designed for the UK market.

HDigital Eye have been around long enough to be safe, I bought my two LS460s from them a couple of years ago and they refunded in the end after the focus issue in heat was the same on both and in all fairness it was a painless process.

Also how dodgy is the area you live in as I've had a Panorama X2 hanging in the windscreen with various other cameras like the Lukas ones and had no problems yet and even though it's been stealthed it's pretty obvious when you take a second look.

/

Your comment @SGZC12RC "recording quality" sounds like trolling. You didn't even read that thread, because I guess you did not had intentions to read it, just copy paste based on title to troll ?.
If you would read that thread, you would see that- yeah, we had some focus issues with 1st stock, we admit it. There are almost no product out there that would be flawless with 1st batch ( cars, mobile phones, PCs etc ). Most important is how manufacturer / developer / vendor handles situation. If you read whole thread, you see we sorted out this issue ASAP by replacing to a new improved camera units. We did not go with "repair under the warranty" like most other dashcam companies do where customer has to send back old camera, then it is sent to factory, then factory replacing lens etc., then waiting camera to be returned to customer. It all may take few month. WE DO NOT REPAIR - WE REPLACE !!!
So next time if you try to troll, please at least take your time to read thread to see if it can "back-up" your trolling ;)

Guys, @2000rpm, @russ331, @niko I know that street guardian products are best for you,
and anything other (specially if there is battery) is a "crap"?
I am sure but 70% of the market's cameras uses batteries, so does that mean they are all rubbish?
look on this case below:

Taxiwarior ( https://www.youtube.com/user/taxiwarrior ) has DOD LS430W (may 2014) , and he decide to update his camera to LS460W,
so looks like his old DOD LS430W was good enough because he decide to buy even better...
if his old camera ever fails - I don't think he will buy DOD again... but he got now even better (LS460W) like below, so sounds like his old DOD never fails (because he decide to upgrade to 460)?

0b932c5.jpg

Regarding "SGZC12RC" I don't think that picture quality is good (better that eg. LS460W) look below :/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/street-guardian-sgzc12rc-mg600g-vs-dod-ls460w.13020/

1.png

also is there any reason to buy SGZC12RC v2 if MG600 cost half and record exactly the same picture quality (the same hardware/cpu/img)
also MG600 has GPS and cost less than SGZC12RC without GPS - how that is possible?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/371557009865
Anyone else can give me a clear answer for: "which camera has best picture recording" so far?
important rules:
-I don't care about warranty (1year or 2 from DOD s is still good enough)
- no matter the price
- no matter the brand
- no matter how housing looks like "brick on stick" - I will decide which one looks OK to install on my windshield - hope is not a problem....
-no matter battery (with warranty I'm safe) after that time I will upgrade my dashcam...definitely will be something even better :)
-I don't care about "repair" or "exchange" (seems like DOD UK replace cameras witchin 24hours if is faulty), Street-Guardian ( http://hiniko.com/index.php?route=information/contact ) company is not based in UK so I don't think they are able to do this faster (or they use a "magic"?),

I prefer to hear answer from not Street Guardian "fans" or "resellers", please....so please anyone else can reply?

so far looks like that DOD LS470W is much better choice than SG9665GC - in my opinion pizdya's comparison showing this very clear (sorry to "Street Guardian" this is my opinion) but maybe is something even better than 470?

Thanks and sorry for "trolling", I just want to know the answer for that "basic question".
Have a nice evning!
Peace to SG!

Last edited:
Back