Street Guardian SG9665GC vs DOD LS470W [Sony Exmor IMX322 vs Sony Exmor IMX322]

You originally seemed to base your negative view on SG from one thread. I've just read a thread about a Mobius cam melting, so should we all now assume that all Mobius cameras are a fire hazard?

If it is purely image quality that you are concerned with then I don't really understand what you are looking for here as it will always be subjective to each person. Surely the best thing is to simply look at clips online yourself and decide what meets your requirements /standards?

Guys, @2000rpm, @russ331, @niko I know that street guardian products are best for you,
and anything other (specially if there is battery) is a "crap"?

Not true, I never said that. Early days one of my favourites were DOD GS600, ( I still think it is one of the best DOD dashcam designs ), and my second favourite back then was LS300W. For long time nobody could beat ls300w. I still have it as a relic dusting on the shelve, as well as few dozens of other good battery based dashcams . The supercaps-saga is just due to more safer and reliable technical dashcam solution. I do agree with you and may even assume that not 70%, but even 90-95% dashcams out there are still based on batteries. I am sure in most cases they will work fine ( no explosion, fire, or swelling ), but to maximize dashcam performance and to minimize risks for customers and their properties it is safer to lean towards supercaps.

Regarding "SGZC12RC" I don't think that picture quality is good (better that eg. LS460W) look below :/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/street-guardian-sgzc12rc-mg600g-vs-dod-ls460w.13020/

SGZC12RC is different to MG600 in many aspects:different lens, more fine-tuned firmware etc. So this comparison is not adequate.

Anyone else can give me a clear answer for: "which camera has best picture recording" so far?

For me personally there are no "best picture recording" daschams out there yet at the moment and it will be some time until something will satisfy my personal needs close to 100% . Besides video quality, it is also about compromising between many other personal preferences like form-factor, reliability, etc.

All dashcams have their pros and cons, same applies to Street Guardian, DOD, Nextbase, Transcend, Thinkware, and so on.

Best if you buy few daschams which you are interested in, compare them, feel them, and make decision which bests suits your needs.

There is a good old Japanese saying:

- to find best restaurant, you have to go trough all restaurants !

P.S. - don't say this to your wife / GF, she may misunderstand you and you will be in trouble :)

Hello. Can anybody tell me about "heat problem" in DOD LS460W? Is it unfocused only when it is very hot and comes back to normal when temperature falls? Or does it stay unfocused forver once it unfocused? I just bought 460W and read about this issue, so I have a week to get a refund and probably buy 470W instead.

Hello. Can anybody tell me about "heat problem" in DOD LS460W? Is it unfocused only when it is very hot and comes back to normal when temperature falls? Or does it stay unfocused forver once it unfocused? I just bought 460W and read about this issue, so I have a week to get a refund and probably buy 470W instead.

You can find more feedback in DOD LS460 sub-forum

I've replaced stuff before that has been well out of warranty, things need to be assessed on a case by case basis, I don't think someone coming to you a few days out of warranty and being turned down just because you legally could is fair at all, it happens though
In 1994 I bought a 2nd-hand Yamaha FZR1000 ('92 model), still under warranty, and in 1995 the fuel tank got rusted in one of the welded parts and started leaking fuel. I contacted the dealership in order to buy a new tank, since the warranty was over, and when they contacted Yamaha, they (Yamaha) said "No, we're going to send you a new tank for free because we guarantee the replacement of defective parts even after the warranty has expired". The only condition they imposed was that the tank would have to be replaced at the dealership's shop. Fine with me.

That's the kind of thing that differentiates a great brand from a mediocre one.

Last edited:
@moral_hazard in your case i think the best camera is the one you set your eyes on and then buy.

In regard to SG cameras well then in daytime there is many cameras that can do just as good a job, even ones that will do so in the same extreme conditions.
When it come to night time well then no camera do as good as i would like them to, and i doubt a camera will be able to do that within the next 5 years or so.
I am not quite sure you can just add a super light sensetive sensor to a good chipset and spiced up with well written firmware, the challenges at night is so extreme i think it will be hard to ever get it perfect ( and by perfect i mean catching plates as good at night as a good camera do in daylight today )

Sure we will proberly soon see cameras that have even brighter night footage and allowe us to see even more of what out headlights illuminate driving down that back road, but that is still far from what is perfect in my book.
These new sensore will still need to drop to really slow exposure timings in low light, so its by no means a quantum leap forward, but it is better then just peddeling the same old same old.

What i like the most about the SG cameras or at least most of them is the design, and then i like the support they seem to give.
You will be hard pressed to find another brand that is as dedicated and as reachable as the SG guys is, and that rank high in my book cuz any one can whip up a product and trow it out there and then just ignore, there is plenty of those companies around.

Sure i am affiliated with the SG brand, but that do not make them the only brand in my book, i allways try to keep a open mind and my eyes out for the next "big" thing.

Last edited:
After reading moral_hazards post, I checked IP addresses and it is the same IP as -Pizdys-.

I have banned moral_hazard and have warned -Pizdys-. Also note that it appears that -Pizdys- is located in UK not Germany.

Back