Street Guardian SGGCX2 – (2018 New Model)

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
I never take mine off either
Same here, really nowadays night performance dont take a that bad hit, and besides with or without night performance ate not when i would like it to be so either way are fine.

I even have CPL on my DC rear camera.

Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius (x3); SGGCX2
You don't actually need a "circular" polarizer. A linear one, which is typically cheaper, works fine with our cameras since they don't have an internal mirror like a traditional SLR camera. Regardless, adding a polarizer will cut at least 50% of the incoming light so using fast lens is even more important. Of course, installing in the proper orientation is also critical. With the circular ones, there is also a front and back to worry about.

The one that comes with the SGGCX2 is a high quality circular I think. Very nice that they included such a nice unit. (y)

Mikk36

Country
Estonia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2, SGZC12RC
What's the clicking of the tilting camera useful for?

Edit: the serial number sticker seems to prevent easy detachment of the main unit from the base, just ripped the sticker a bit when taking it apart again on the desk.

Mikk36

Country
Estonia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2, SGZC12RC
About which part?
By clicking I mean that when I tilt the lens, after enough movement it starts to make clicking noises, when tilting further. Doesn't seem to affect the force required to tilt though.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There's a mechanism inside, it's a set and forget type thing though, just position as needed when you have it installed and leave it at that

DT MI

Country
United States
Dash Cam
Too Many - See Signature
You don't actually need a "circular" polarizer. A linear one, which is typically cheaper, works fine with our cameras since they don't have an internal mirror like a traditional SLR camera....
Absolutely correct.

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
I wonder why youtube haven't ruined your recording that bad, most times they kill whatever i upload.

Country
Estonia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2, SGZC12RC
Any reason why the acceleration data isn't logged into the video at all times, but only at the beginning of the recording session before GPS lock is received?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M SGGCX2 3
C SGGCX2 1