Street Guardian SGGCX2 – (2018 New Model)

Is that with the CPL installed?

All cameras should come with a CPL like the SG cameras

Jokiin, how much does the CPL add to the cost of the camera?

Yes, but how big of a part of the price is it?
If the camera currently costs 200 €, how much would you ask for it, if it didn't have the CPL (and you hadn't even developed the option)?

Yes, but how big of a part of the price is it?
If the camera currently costs 200 €, how much would you ask for it, if it didn't have the CPL (and you hadn't even developed the option)?

we wouldn't sell it without the filter, it needs it

It sucks that with other cameras, you end up paying between $20 and $40 usd to get one. Right now it's looking like I am out of luck getting one for my Thinkware F770.

While waiting for the DR camera to be released, I am playing with mag mounts for the side view. Ordered a second SGGCX2 to make a full 360 for my trip next weekend. I can't get the windows tinted till I can get the car into the dealer to have them fix whatever it is in the door that is greasing the window.

Attachments

• 20180830_185834.jpg
    20180830_185834.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180830_185912.jpg
    20180830_185912.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 27
A couple snapshots from the drive up to the father inlaw funeral in Georgia.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180906-210030.png
    Screenshot_20180906-210030.png
    791.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20180906-210049.png
    Screenshot_20180906-210049.png
    773 KB · Views: 36
Somebody got flipped good :eek:

using it as a side camera motion blur is inevitable
Quite correct, and this is also a screenshot using my tablet. This is the newer of the two SGGCX2 cameras and is its first time being used. However, in the video I put together yesterday I was not real impressed. I'll be moving it to the front sometime to be tested.

Update on the right side camera being blurry, it is on the left 20%, good eye @Mikk36 . I went out to the car a few minutes ago to see if there was a finger smudge on the lens. Turns out I goofed, forgot to pull the shipping plastic off the inside of the CPL.

Here is a raw unedited video showing how good the image is with the plastic in place. Big Teddy Bear.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1liExnz6Y_KVamfmin8xmrQtPoJrv7zhR

SG dont mess around with that protective plastic, it is everywhere :)

OK, the image does look better, but it is still quite blurry on the left 20%. It's more noticeable now without the protective film. The far right side is super crisp clear, more so than the entire image of the first X2 I got.

Here is a raw sample from today.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CvhzR9_Oip7ztgmlfpiYl5641ED7brL5

OK, the image does look better, but it is still quite blurry on the left 20%. It's more noticeable now without the protective film. The far right side is super crisp clear, more so than the entire image of the first X2 I got.

Here is a raw sample from today.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CvhzR9_Oip7ztgmlfpiYl5641ED7brL5

I'll get @Street Guardian USA to follow up with you with some focus charts, will need to check it off the side window in case the window itself has something to do with the result, but if it's out of spec we can get it replaced for you no problem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M SGGCX2 3
C SGGCX2 1
Back