Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Yes yes yes,,, or da da da.

The Russian speaking people got to have been wondering " the western guys are loosing it now" when they heard that on the radio back in the day :)

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve asked him if he happened to know of a 12V constant source, which would be necessary to use the parking mode hardwire.
Just an update, he wasn’t looking for one, but no, he doesn’t recall happening across one. So not a confirmed no, remains unknown.

bigalpha

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Arizona where it gets hot as hell - how do the cameras (and adhesive) hold up to the blistering heat?

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
SG cameras have been cooking well in the southern US states and other hot as hell places on earth in the past years.

EmmaR

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO
I live in Arizona where it gets hot as hell - how do the cameras (and adhesive) hold up to the blistering heat?
The camera has become quite hot to touch in my parked car (in the sun) here in the Australian summer, but hasn't stopped working so far. It is not used in parking mode in my case.

The double sided adhesive though gets very sloppy on a hot day when parked in the sun, and the camera sags from the windscreen slightly. It hasn't fallen off though, and when the temp goes down it appears to be ok after a little push to re position. There are a number of posts in this forum re using alternate adhesive options, but the issue hasn't irritated me quite enough yet to try another type of double sided adhesive. (It probably will though next summer)

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
if the adhesive is coming away from the bracket that can happen from the plastic outgassing, can happen if the adhesive was applied too soon after manufacture, if you need a replacement bracket or tape at anytime just send us a message

bigalpha

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies! How awkward is it to get the memory card out to transfer files? From what I've been able to gather, wifi modes on dash cams are generally not useful?

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
It’s easy to eject the memory card.

Stop the recoding by pressing REC button (or make sure camera is powered off completely)

Use your fingernail or corner or debit card to push the card in slightly. When you hear/feel a click it will eject via the spring loaded mechanism. Take your time so it doesn’t spring away.

Use the included USB card reader you’ll see a small slot on the side to insert the microSD card into.

Stick the USB plug side into Mac or Windows computer.

bigalpha

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick responses. I was curious more on popping out the card once the camera is installed on the windshield. Do I need to become a contortionist to get access to it? Maybe a camera with WiFi is actually beneficial?

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
If the card slot are on the normal places for wedge cameras ( on one of the sides ) it is no problem at all, only minus is the ever percent chance of launching one of the little spring loaded suckers.
But this is a de facto thing for all cameras with the little memory cards.
The current SG and GT cameras i have on my windscreen all have the memory card slot on the Left side of the camera, so pointing at you in the driver seat, no hassle at all

bigalpha

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's super helpful, thanks! Do you have a preference on SD card size for a dual channel set up?

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
That's super helpful, thanks! Do you have a preference on SD card size for a dual channel set up?
128GB will give you approx 8h recording before it starts overwriting an older files. 256GB going to double the time. Maximum i'v tested with StreetGuardian 2ch dashcams is 512GB.

P.S. It is also depends on the video quality (bit-rate) you have selected from the settings menu.
At the lowerst (12Mbps) bit-rate 512GB can do approx 40h on 2ch Street Guardian.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

efoo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO+, SG9665GC, A118C2, A118C.
Thank you for the quick responses. I was curious more on popping out the card once the camera is installed on the windshield. Do I need to become a contortionist to get access to it? Maybe a camera with WiFi is actually beneficial?
LOL, for normal people it shouldn't be a problem, unless you are riddled with arthritis on your fingers and other parts of your body.

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
The location in one of my vehicles on the right side of the rear view mirror makes it painful to get out, since the cars is on the left side, but otherwise for my other vehicles it works great an is super simple.