Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO

WeedeaterDM

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Starting a collection
Both my non pro X2s record at a much lower volume than my other two cameras (Thinkware and Blackvue). The others may also be recording at a much higher level than what is normal. However the X2 waveform shows up flat in the video editor. Maybe if I used a more expensive editor, the waveform might show up better. Even if there is a firmware upgrade to boost the audio, I may not do the upgrade as the cameras are working fine otherwise. In this shot, you can see I have audio track 2 turned way down to match the sound of audio track 1. I was making the sync adjustments little by little till I didn't hear an echo. It's just way faster and easier to be able to see the waveform and sync it up that way.

Still hungry, breakfast didn't hold me out long.

Attachments

OP
alexsoll

alexsoll

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, TrendVision
connected the test rear camera to the SGGCX2PRO,
on the screen there is a PIP (picture in picture)
I used to think this was only realized in 9663

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
WiFi is overrated in my personal experience. You mess with it a few times in the early days and don’t / rarely use it again after that. It’s way faster to pop the card into your computer via usb reader and play/save/edit what you want.

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
or pop in card into OTG memory card reader and playback/download videos on the go via smartphone/tablet with way much greater speed than via slow WiFi.
WiFi is overrated in my personal experience. You mess with it a few times in the early days and don’t / rarely use it again after that. It’s way faster to pop the card into your computer via usb reader and play/save/edit what you want.
Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

EmmaR

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO
your camera sounds normal, your mobile phone recording is louder but that's to be expected
Thanks for your reply Jokiin.

Unfortunately. the recording volume in my SGGCX2Pro isn't adequate to record a conversation that is occurring in the car, or with someone at the car window, unless they were shouting!!!

EmmaR

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO
It didn't sound any different than others, what software are you using for playback?
Thanks for your reply.

I have tested with VLC, Windows Media Player and DashCam Viewer at 100% volume. The result is the same in all players.

There may not be anything wrong with may cam, it might just be that the SGGCX2Pro by default has a lower recording volume than other brands I have heard, and lower than I expected.

Maybe a future firmware update will increase the gain.

Last edited:

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any word on rear cam options and availability?

Noonamee

Reaction score
Country
United States
What's the difference between this new model with SG9663DC?