Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
What's the difference between this new model with SG9663DC?
X2-Pro is smaller than DC and can be bought as a single channel model. (various rear camera options can be added later) Ports are on top instead of the side. Updated 2 piece neat and tidy Cable cover No Wi-Fi. Less money to get started.

X2-Pro uses the same housing as the X2.

X2 housing was an improved version over the SG9665GC

Last edited:

lKoRTy

Country
United States
So is this PRO - the latest and greatest to get?
In addition, installing a rear cam on an suv - how adversely does adhesive affect tint on rear window? Would it have to be re-done if taking camera completely off?

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
Not really IMO.
This are a modular camera so you can ease into a dual channel setup, i do think it carry the IMX 291 sensor on both cameras, so a little 1 up compared to the DC that have the IMX 323 in the rear housing.
But for a rear camera i don think the IMX291 are anything big, the IMX 323 seem just fine for me driving often in places with no ambient light and so nothing but darkness for the rear camera to film, and adding a little town light or daytime and the IMX 323 are just fine.
Also this will not have wifi, if thats a deal breaker for some ( though it shouldent be )
Dont know about your tint question, but the dual sided tape stick very well, personally in my little 5 door hatchback i have the rear camera on a neo magnet on the metal door frame, others have mounted off headlined which you can also do with a pice of metal on top of the headliner and a magnet on the camera.

RLS

Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR900S, DR750S, QR790, F800P, iRoadX9, Opia2, all S.G, A129D
So is this PRO - the latest and greatest to get?
In addition, installing a rear cam on an suv - how adversely does adhesive affect tint on rear window? Would it have to be re-done if taking camera completely off?
Best way to take off the adhesive (I’ve done this countless times, in many cars):

1. Park car with corresponding windshield (in your case, the rear) facing the sun.

2. Wait a while (the hotter the day, the less you need to wait).

3. Check the rear cam, gently rotate it to see if adhesive has softened.

4. Once adhesive is soft, drive car into shade, open windows so you don’t pass out from the heat, and use the dashcam install tool/spudger slowly from the bottom of the adhesive. In this case, it would be a slow upward motion. Removing from top to bottom would risk lifting the tint from the edge.

5. Once you have partially separated the bottom, use some fish line or floss to cut into the adhesive.

6. This is when I remove the adhesive from the rear cam unit, roll it into a ball, and then roll it over any leftover adhesive on the tint, in a bottom to top motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmmaR

Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO
A short clip of the front (9SGGCX2PRO) and rear (SGR323CAM) cameras in very cloudy daylight. Rear window factory tinted. It had been raining so rear window may have had some road grime.

Last edited:

EmmaR

Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO
Just had a thought...
I would be useful to be able to display the current speed on the SGGCX2PRO screen, using the GPS from the camera. This means the SGGCX2PRO could double as a 'Digital Speed Display'

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
A few cameras use this kind of "pause" screen, but i dont think it is something SG will be doing.
I get my speed off my waze like app i run on the phone when driving, pretty rare i look at the speedo of my car.

SG do sell a GPS speedo and also a OBD 2 speedo / diagnostics gauge.

Mtz

Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A119. WR1. SGGCX2. GitUp.
Just had a thought...
I would be useful to be able to display the current speed on the SGGCX2PRO screen, using the GPS from the camera. This means the SGGCX2PRO could double as a 'Digital Speed Display'
I like improvements for dashcams but for wedge cameras I donyt find useful because they are mounted behind rearview mirror. Also for driving can be dangerous because instead of keeping the eyes on the roads they are moved to the right just to see a fluctuating speed which needs more attention when is showed as digits. This feature can be useful for the other people from the car, not for the driver. Maybe for some regional buses?

enjoy,
Mtz

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
I can see the screen of my 3 cameras over my mirror, or that is the Guard trak on the far Right are obscured by the mirror stalk.
But the DC in the middle and the GCX2 on the left no problem.
But yes in general many cameras will be obscured by the mirror, it will be so in my sisters Ford Focus and my friends Dacia, at least if you go for a dead center / top windscreen install.

TonyM

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
B1W, A129 Duo, Mobius 1 & 2 & Maxi, SG9665GC, GitUp F1
X2-Pro is smaller than DC and can be bought as a single channel model. (Add multiple rear options added later) Ports are on top instead of the side. Updated 2 piece neat and tidy Cable cover No Wi-Fi. Less money to get started.
Does multiple rear options mean the possibility of adding more than one camera?