Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO

indy9231

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Hello,

New user/member here. I bought the Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO and like it so far. I am not able to get the maps to work in RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22. I was getting an API error so I ran the regedit fix but now when I load the files I see a non moving map of New York. I believe the GPS is working because I do see speed on the videos. I am thinking the X2Pro is not compatible with the viewer. Anyone else have the maps working?

Thanks
John N.

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Hello,

New user/member here. I bought the Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO and like it so far. I am not able to get the maps to work in RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22. I was getting an API error so I ran the regedit fix but now when I load the files I see a non moving map of New York. I believe the GPS is working because I do see speed on the videos. I am thinking the X2Pro is not compatible with the viewer. Anyone else have the maps working?

Thanks
John N.
Registratorviewer doesn't support the new NT96663 chipset. The developer passed away unfortunately so that app cannot be updated or improved.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/rip-vadim-kozlov-author-of-registratorviewer-datakam.13901

The official playback software for the SGGCX2PRO and SG9663DC is Street Guardian Dashcam Viewer.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-viewer-for-street-guardian-sggcx2pro-customers-25-usd-value-windows-mac-single-and-picture-in-picture-dual-channel-compatible.36894/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-viewer-is-now-free-for-all-street-guardian-customers-25-usd-value-windows-mac-single-and-picture-in-picture-dual-channel-compatible.35837/

indy9231

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for his family and friends. I appreciate the response.

Thank you.

JohnN

GuizmoPhil

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What is the power consumption of this camera?

Let say at max quality settings, which is 5fps in parking mode?

We know the current is 12V obviously, but have no info in the Ah / A or Wh / W.

Need this info to properly design my vehicule main battery autonomy (Cellink + HW kit + camera). We often have harsh -30 celcius temperature during the winter, so I must calculate the amount of Cellink units I'll need in order to power the dashcam for long period without operating the car. (because I do want my car to start, but also want surveillance)

The power consumption when the car is on, at 60 fps would be good too, since I need also to calculate the amount of time is will take to recharge those Cellink batteries and my main vehicule battery.

I already assume that a vehicule AGM battery is better suited when you have a dashcam since it recharges faster and have a longer operating mode when the car is turned off.

Thanks,

GuizmoPhil

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks jokiin. I bought the camera with the rear one that has the IMX291 sensor.

Waiting now for stocks of the hardwire kit to be available.

Would you happen to know the operating temperature range of the camera also?

Thanks,
Phil

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thanks jokiin. I bought the camera with the rear one that has the IMX291 sensor.

Waiting now for stocks of the hardwire kit to be available.

Would you happen to know the operating temperature range of the camera also?

Thanks,
Phil
@Street Guardian Canada just sent SGX2HW stock to the Amazon fulfillment center for Canada yesterday should be available soon.

See the following page in the user manual. The chamber test machine itself can only be set to -20C Maximum but real world results around the world have shown even colder than -20 is no problem in Canada / Russia etc.

Last edited:

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you will likely need to update the firmware once you receive the camera, I'm not sure they would have had time to do this if it was bought through Amazon, you should get sent instructions about that but if you don't then please let me know

hardwire kits have been received, just need to be processed by Amazon

Dave Woj

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have recently purchased the SGGCX2PRO, and have successfully fitted it to my Subaru Impreza 2017 hatch.

Video is operating ok, but the audio volume is quite low when played back on pc (compared to other recordings). If there is a conversation in the car, I is barely audible when played back. I was unable to locate any menu option to increase the recording level. Any suggestions?

Cheers Emma
I have to agree with Emma. the audio is low. Of course I am comparing to a Mini 0806 that I was using and the audio was much better

GuizmoPhil

Reaction score
Country
Canada
you will likely need to update the firmware once you receive the camera, I'm not sure they would have had time to do this if it was bought through Amazon, you should get sent instructions about that but if you don't then please let me know

hardwire kits have been received, just need to be processed by Amazon
Indeed I've received the firmware upgrade instruction from the Amazon seller. I've also received both cameras.

I've also ordered the hardwire kit, but Purolator is now messing with the delivery due to external factor...

@Street Guardian USA: Thanks for the info, it didn't occur to me to take a look into the user manual. I'll have to look into it to see if there's optimal temperature to install the 3M tape, because it's already winter here.

Anyway in the meantime I got to clean that windshield, I last washed it about 9 months ago lollll.

As for the power consumption, the picture from Amazon shows 2A at 5V on the hardwire kit, so I assume this is for parking mode and is at most 2A @ 5V. Obsviously a power supply is always bigger then the actual current draw.

Dave Woj

Reaction score
Country
United States
what firmware version are you using?
That's a good question.
I just received the cam a week ago. I'll check it and if it needs updating I'll do it.

I'm assuming you are asking because that may solve the low audio issue.

Thanks

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's a good question.
I just received the cam a week ago. I'll check it and if it needs updating I'll do it.

I'm assuming you are asking because that may solve the low audio issue.

Thanks
we adjusted the gain up a bit in the current version

GuizmoPhil

Reaction score
Country
Canada
All right, I've had the time to configure the dashcams and test them out after picking up an 110V to 12V converter, since it's freezing cold outside, I didn't want to deal with the two firmwares updates outside of the house.

I was surprised at how small the front camera is. Prior to buying the cam, all I had seen was reviews of the SG9665GC. In fact, the one review who sold me to the Street Guardian brand was the YouTube review of VortexRadar.

Everything went smoothly. I however, would recommend that the support page of Street Guardian website have the link of the special firmware for the Pro to Pro+ conversion. It wasn't listed. Fortunately for me, I had the direct download link in the email from the Amazon seller.

Firmware instruction were fine, but I was confused about the "Linux and Chromebook users rename file to LDGCX2P.BIN". I'm on Windows 10 (build 1803), and I had to rename to capital letters the file extention also. The original firmware file in the compressed zip file was .bin . With the .bin, the dashcam would not perform the automatic upgrade upon boot-up. After renaming to .BIN however, the dashcam did perform the upgrade. I had this behavior on both firmware, which are the Pro to Pro+ conversion special firmware and the Pro+ 1.17 firmware. FYI, the camera shipped with 1.15.

I've also finally received the hardwire kit after multiple delays from Purolator. I guess they woke up and finally installed their winter tires...

I'll buy a Transcend High Endurance microSD card to swap the SanDisk Ultra that shipped with the dashcam. I've read horror reviews about the SanDisk. I wish Amazon had the option to order it without the memory card, since I saw printed on the box that this could have been an option.

I've also tested the Dashcam Viewer. Since I wasn't moving, there were obviously no speed. For whatever reason, Google Maps wasn't loading in the right side of the screen. I had some grey background with an error saying "Sorry, we have no imagery here." I do not know if this is because I was home if the GPS signal couldn't passthrough the ceiling or not.

In the user manual it says "at the high quality setting a 32GB memory card will store around 4 hours of recordings before beginning to recycle.". I've recorded multiple short videos in my bedroom, and it recorded an average 204MB per minute on HIGH quality setting. (this includes front (102MB) + rear cams (102MB) files) At this rate, It looks like it will take 48GB for 4 hours. I assume that the user manual speaks only for a single cam setup? Otherwise, there's something wrong with the DVR encoding.

I've seen a couple of posts complaining about poor microphone volume in the recordings. So far in my tests (in my bedroom, not in the car), the volume is very good. Will test in the car once it is installed.

The UI on the dashcam is also very fluid and easy to use. I love this, no non-sense like other brands. I'm also super glad there's an option to turn off the key beep, it was so annoying. :p

I've also registered my dashcam to have the 2 years warranty. Couldn't find how to register the secondary cam and the hardwire kit, so I simply added their info in the "Any other relevant information" field on the registration webpage.

All this being said, I now have two last questions:

1. Is there a user manual or installation guide for the hardwire kit? I couldn't find any on the support page.
  2. What is the optimal temperature for the 3M adhesive to bond with the windshield for installation? (actually on my car, it's on the tint, I have a tint on the top part of the windshield and on the rear glass.) It is already winter here, so I need to know how long I need to run the car to have the best thermals.
That's all for now, will post a more complete review once I'll have installed in the car.

Thanks,
Phil

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
The SGGCX2PRO+ “plus” firmware was recently loaded on the support page. It includes the conversion instructions. Existing SGGCX2PRO customers only need to convert to the “plus” edition of the X2pro firmware to support the optional SGR291CAM rear camera.

The SGX2HW hard wire parking mode kit user manual is in draft form and should be finalized and posted on the support page this week. Send us a private message or support email and we can provide a draft copy right away. Sam @Street Guardian Canada or any one of us is able to help.

Last edited:

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4 hours before recycling refers to single channel use, half that for dual channel use

Hardwire kit instructions should be up on the website in the next few days

3M tape is ideally installed at around 20c, give it longer to bond if it's much cooler than that