Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO

GuizmoPhil

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The SGGCX2PRO+ “plus” firmware was recently loaded on the support page. It includes the conversion instructions.
You're correct. However, the special firmware for the conversion, which is the 1st step of the 2 step process to have the Pro supporting a secondary camera, is not on the support page. I'm talking about the "LDGCX2P.BIN" firmware. ;)

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll send a PM for the draft version.

@jokiin, Thanks for the info, I'll probably have to bring the heat gun to the rescue with a power extention coming from the house since I have no garage. :eek:

Bobcat101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i bought both the front camera and the rear and the hardwire kit. I've registered the front camera but do i need to also register the other bits too?.

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
i bought both the front camera and the rear and the hardwire kit. I've registered the front camera but do i need to also register the other bits too?.
No just the main camera is fine. We can look up your online order history as well as needed

Bobcat101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No just the main camera is fine. We can look up your online order history as well as needed
Makes sense, I actually bought from @niko as I'm in Europe, but he'll have copies of all the orders or will have forwarded them to S.G. so they know which serials are tied to my account like you said. It's a relief as it was a mission getting everything installed.

OP
alexsoll

alexsoll

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, TrendVision
In the near future I plan to do a test side by side rear cameras IMX291 for SGGCX2PRO / SG9663DC vs rear cam BlackVue DR750S-2CH

Ziggy2

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Bought myself a Xmas present by purchasing the SGGCX2PRO. Installed it a couple of days ago, very easy. Got to say that SG have got it right when they say set and forget. A couple of changes in the settings menu to suit your requirements and it is all systems go .Although a little more expensive than some it really is a complete package with memory card, trim lever and CPL filter. Nothing else is required unless you want the parking kit. Like the idea that I can buy the rear camera sometime down the track. What really impresses me is the quality of the image under all conditions especially with transitions of light to dark like leaving an underground car park. I was a little hesitant spending this amount on a dashcam but feel that it has been money well spent. Very happy all round. Thanks SG

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
set and forget
I would not recommend forgetting it, when you have a nice toy you should play a little with it every month or two.
your memory card will probably be the weak link in your system, so have a look at it now and then.

DockingPilot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would not recommend forgetting it, when you have a nice toy you should play a little with it every month or two.
your memory card will probably be the weak link in your system, so have a look at it now and then.
I believe the X2Pro will audibly warn you if the card is defective ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Yes i think so, it really is a must have feature for a modern dashcam.

Still i am not 100% sure the alarm will sound off on anything, so a occasional creation of a dud file or a file ending up as such might still occur,,,,, i think.
But as for boot failure or a total write problem on the memory card i think we are 100 % safe, but in my experience memory cards start to show signs before it get that far, and one such sign could be just where you need it not to be.
And going over the memory card once in a while are no problem, take me 5 - 10 min to look over a 128Gb card

Ziggy2

Reaction score
Country
Australia
New to the DashCam scene. Playing around with the settings on my new SGGCX2PRO . I would like to know what the AE Metering setting does. Mine is set to the default but would like to know under what conditions would this setting be altered and what affect does it have on the video quality? Ziggy

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
for 99% of people the default is the best option, the low cut setting can be helpful if you have an excessive amount of the bonnet in frame

Ziggy2

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thank you jokiin. I am very satisfied with the video from the dashcam, all is default except I have it set to 60FPS and high quality. I have played with all the settings but could not work out or see any real difference with the AE metering one. Only a small bit of my bonnet is showing and a little of a grey dashmat, this is because of the large slope of my windscreen. I have to say jokiin you have produced a nice product with this cam. Very happy. Cheers Ziggy

GuizmoPhil

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Finally had the time to install the GPS antenna, the front camera and the cable cover.

We had a "hot" day of about 5 celcius ... lol. I had the car run for 45 minutes with max temperature settings from the heater blowing directly to the windshield. Could't use a heat gun from the exterior of the car since it was raining all day unfortunately.

In the end all went well, but I kind of forgot to remove my winter coat before getting into the car. I sweated like a pig while installing it, temperature with the coat on was like 30 celcius!!!! Testing the multiple adapters to see what would fit the best for my car windshield took a bit more time than I had expected. I'm glad everything I needed was provided by StreetGuardian. The part I had the most problem with was to leave proper space between the cable cover and the front camera mounting bracket, so that I could still be able to remove the camera if I ever needed to.

I'll provide pictures once we finally have a sunny day. When this happens, I might as well do the rear cam install and the rear cam cable routing.

I still did not route any cable(read cam, hardwire kit) apart from the GPS one, and I haven't installed the rear cam. To much to do, so little time and so ****ty weather not helping.

I howerver looked into my Impreza Owner manual and I located which fuse to use for the ignition, which will be my 20A 12V accessory outlet in the center console that I never use.

As for the ACC always-on circuit, I still need to test a couple more things, as I'm not sure what says powered when the car is off. The horn is, but it is used by the alarm system, so I do not want to mess with this circuit.

Oh and I ended up buying a 64GB high endurance SanDisk card instead of the Trenscend, because they are at sky rocking prices at the moment.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Haha yeah at our place on the globe 5 degrees C are a nice day this time of they ear.
I don't use the cable cover on my car as the cameras are all the way up on the dotted area, and very close to the headliner, actually first time i put in a SG camera i forgot to factor this in, but i was just able to get the camera off its base, but 1/2 CM higher up and i would have had to redo the install or just leave the camera there permanent.

My area only seen frost 3 days so far, but the first week of the new year look as if it will be below 0 both day and night.

TexMex

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9663DC
Will the mount being used for a SG9665GC work for this camera?