Street Guardian SGZC12RC. Low profile Slide IN-OUT bracket / mount

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
I wanted to make low profile mount for Panorama G, but with option of quick mount / dismount.

Below is result.

Panorama G DIY mount (1).jpg

Below is how my new DIY low profile mount compares to some other aftermarket mounts.
DIY mount is from the right side.

Panorama G DIY mount (2).jpg

DIY process:

I took mount which is used on DR32 Dashcamera.
DR32 mount allows to use it in 3 ways: slide in/out from left side, from right side and from top, so it can be mounted on left- or right side from rearview mirror arm.
Panorama G DIY mount (3).jpg

Also took a standard generic t-bracket suction mount
Panorama G DIY mount (4).jpg

Panorama G DIY mount (5).jpg

cut t-mount part from suction mount

Panorama G DIY mount (6).jpg

warmed-up a tripod screw on DR32 mount.
removed screw
cut excess plastic
Panorama G DIY mount (7).jpg

filed down / sanded plastic surfaces to make it flat.
Panorama G DIY mount (8).jpg

glued t-mount part from suction mount to DR32 mount.
Panorama G DIY mount (9).jpg
final result.
Panorama G DIY mount (1).jpg

How loooooooow can you go.

Nice low profile mod niko :cool:

very nice!
How loooooooow can you go.

Nice low profile mod niko :cool:

Thanks.
How low ?, - the limit is only time to fulfil all ideas in my head. "Nothing is impossible. Impossible just takes more time and cost more" ;)
Actually I have finished even more lower profile sample ( ultra-low ). Need some time to put pictures together and post a new thread. Will do it soon.

An excellent piece of work,one question though - will the 'Super Glue' last (I have had incidents were SG has failed after a shortish time?) would one of the 'plastic' solvents be better - always assuming one can obtain some for the type of plastic used for the mounts.

When in doubt use epoxy. If it holds the heads on a professional golfer's clubs it will hold anything. :)

I agree about the epoxy. I've become more careful about where I use super-glue than I used to be.

Last edited:
As usual, another well crafted DIY mount Niko. Very nice!

I'm a fan of those small tripod screw mounts and use them for low profile Mobius mounts. They are usually supplied with the INNOVVs and DR32. If anyone is interested, you can buy these mounts individually on eBay from powerdigital898. They are not cheap at $7.99 USD but they are the only ones quite like that available and for certain installations some may find them worth the money.

For dashcam mounts to be resistant under weight and hot sun for sure need a "super-glue-epoxy thing". Its just this project came to my mind on-the-go and I used first available glue I had in my hand just for sample. If going industrial level it would be one molding.

As usual, another well crafted DIY mount Niko. Very nice!

I'm a fan of those small tripod screw mounts and use them for low profile Mobius mounts. They are usually supplied with the INNOVVs and DR32. If anyone is interested, you can buy these mounts individually on eBay from powerdigital898. They are not cheap at $7.99 USD but they are the only ones quite like that available and for certain installations some may find them worth the money.
Do you find that those ball joints move over time, or when trying to extract the card from the Mobius?

Edit:
I was referring to the ones with the ball joint, not like the one you made reference to on eBay. Which, by the way are nice

Do you find that those ball joints move over time, or when trying to extract the card from the Mobius?

The mount I linked to, the same one Niko used in his DIY mount here is not a ball joint. Nevertheless, they are pretty secure if tightened sufficiently. It is also possible to take the mount apart and sand the two sections with a course grade of paper to make the mount more secure when tightened.

The mount I linked to, the same one Niko used in his DIY mount here is not a ball joint. Nevertheless, they are pretty secure if tightened sufficiently. It is also possible to take the mount apart and sand the two sections with a course grade of paper to make the mount more secure when tightened.
Thanks, I had edited that to reflect accurately what you were referring to in your link. I ordered some of that Blu tac stuff you told me about, and I will try a little shot of that to see if it secures the ball joint in the one I am using that I got with my Mobius :)

This is @niko's thread about his DIY Panorama mount and so I don't want to go too far off topic but you can rough up the ball of the joint mount to make it more secure.
No problem to go a little bit off topic where from other dashcam models related "diy" discussions might get a new ideas ;)

Very good
With all this nice DIY experience, hopefully you'll have more design / decision control at the factories some day. :)

Very good
With all this nice DIY experience, hopefully you'll have more design / decision control at the factories some day. :)

I am hoping to get a good 3D printer from "Santa Claus", - then I will be able to make more crazy stuff not only with mounts / brackets, but also modifying whole dashcam shell and using only inner hardware parts ;)

I am hoping to get a good 3D printer from "Santa Claus", - then I will be able to make more crazy stuff not only with mounts / brackets, but also modifying whole dashcam shell and using only inner hardware parts ;)

If you get a 3D printer we're coming to visit! :D

If you get a 3D printer we're coming to visit! :D

There are tons of different 3D printers out there. Overall for budget of 1-2K can get good one, but for me being just an enthusiast I was thinking to go with something for beginners, but at the same time reliable and good quality ( value for money ).

From January I have my eyes on Da Vinci Junior from well known XYZPrinting, what was presented at the CES 2015 expo in Las Vegas.

I know it can not compete with 2K $ 3D printers, but for my hobby projects would be an ideal. I consider it same way as a "beginners first time buyer dashcam".
Within expected retail price of 349usd it is not that bad on my wallet, however I have managed to find it in US advertised even 299usd

In Europe expected price is 399Eur.

Anyway, let's I will wait till May when it will be available and see if I can find a Spring Santa Claus ;)

Last edited:
Back