Street Guardian SGZC12RC (MG600G) vs DOD LS460W

-Pizdys-

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
better than yours....
LEFT : Street Guardian SGZC12RC (MG600G)
RIGHT : DOD LS460W

1.png

2.png

3.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

which one do you have, ours or the MG600?

what's the difference in components between the X1 and the generic MG600?

I can't say I'm too surprised at the screenshots presented here. my mini 0805 is much, much sharper than my pano X1 even in cool weather (when heat hasn't had the chance to negatively affect the focus of the pano X1).

what's the difference in components between the X1 and the generic MG600?

firmware is tuned differently so I wanted to know which version it is

I can't say I'm too surprised at the screenshots presented here. my mini 0805 is much, much sharper than my pano X1 even in cool weather (when heat hasn't had the chance to negatively affect the focus of the pano X1).

yes we're aware of that and working on a fix still

I do appreciate the work and I'm looking forward to a fix. I really do like the pano X1 platform. it's been rock solid for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those DOD cameras look good, if they could fix ther Issues and maybe use a more popular form factor i think they will be hard to bypass as a contender for any one in the marked for a good dashcam.
Not sure how the 460 compare on price.
The MG600G look like it would do good with some hardware optimation, maybe they let other ppl do the hard work ;)

LEFT : Street Guardian SGZC12RC (MG600G)
RIGHT : DOD LS460W

1.png

2.png

3.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

Nice detailed comparison hard-work !

P.S. - Matego uses different firmware for video quality tune-up to Street Guardian SGZC12RC.

to be honest, there is no difference in video quality between MG600 and SGZC12RC, even the same blurry picture under high temp / sun, i can do comparison for these two if necessary.

my "MG600" has GPS module and E-DOG (speed cam detector), which allows to see current speed etc...but when i hide "main unit" in glove box, GPS doesn't work at all.

Last edited:
we are still waiting for updated lens before we do any adjustment, there is no point to do any image tuning as the lens specification will change from current version

We cant fix focus ?

Same Xiaomi yi ?

no. it's not as easy as turning the mount a few turns. the focus shifts according to the temperature so you can have sharp focus when it's cold and it will lose focus once it gets warmer. it's the actual lens mount that expands or contracts so unless you want to manually turn the lens every time the temp changes, you're out of luck. I'm really hoping the new lens will fix this behavior.

Back