Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

Rick, just out of curiosity, why is it that my SGZC12RC V2 doesn't seem to have as good night vision as my SG9665GC V3?
Aren't they meant to be the same lenses and sensor, but just different microprocessors?

same sensor, different lens and processor, Novatek works better with the Sony

Also, the original Panorama X1 had GPS, so is there any way to add GPS back into the RC?

X1 is a different product, it can't be updated to add GPS

Rick, just out of curiosity, why is it that my SGZC12RC V2 doesn't seem to have as good night vision as my SG9665GC V3?
Aren't they meant to be the same lenses and sensor, but just different microprocessors?

Also, the original Panorama X1 had GPS, so is there any way to add GPS back into the RC?

So called “Panorama X1 with GPS“ was only prototype and was never released to public under Panorama brand.
Night quality depends on lens specs and CPU specifics. Zoran Coach CPU has “noise foorprint“ at night.

same sensor, different lens and processor, Novatek works better with the Sony
X1 is a different product, it can't be updated to add GPS

RC has a wider lens than the GC as well.

Thank you gentlemen.
Three very good answers.

I had to buy SGZC12RC, because only the RC could fit between my rear windscreen, and my rear motorized sunshade in one of my cars.
Meanwhile, no GPS means no auto update of time, no distance, and no speed, plus no location.

SG9665GC was too thick to fit in the shallow space.
Didn't want F770 nor DR650S because both have cell phone remote control [a pain], plus the F770 is quite large in size, so it really blocks my windscreen view.
The Blackvue DR650S @ 1.575" [40 mm] is also too thick to fit too.

32904e7fd3_640.jpg

Last edited:
I had to buy SGZC12RC, because only the RC could fit between my rear windscreen, and my rear motorized sunshade in one of my cars.
Meanwhile, no GPS means no auto update of time, no distance, and no speed, plus no location.

SG9665GC was too thick to fit in the shallow space.
sounds like the new SG9663DC would be ideal for you when its released soon.

not sure if it would suit that particular install scenario, doesn't look like there's a lot of room there
doesn't it have the same size rear camera as the SGZC12RC?

As I posted in the external camera thread I thought I should post here too. I've had one of these for over a year now and it's been a great little unit. The camera hides neatly behind the mirror in my Discovery but until now the recorder box has just sat on the top of the dash. At one point last year the sun melted the adhesive on the pad attaching it at it started to slide off before re-solidifying at a strange angle...

Anyway I decided to move it and with a combination of luck and 3D printing I now have a prototype mount for it in the dashboard.

2018-02-25 14.28.02_S1920.jpg

The original cable was far too short to do this so I got the 6m replacement, this has allowed me to tuck it in all the way around the windscreen, down the pillar and hide the excess in the void below the glove box. 6m was too much but I'd rather have that than not enough.

Back