Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

Too bad because I think a lot of customers would like it, by moving the main unit out of the sun, and into something live the glovebox, you improve dashcam reliability by having it not overheat and freezeup and miss if anything happens.

Flipping the image is not difficult on the sensor, so why should the customers be fking bothered to use video software to do the same thing for every video they make when the manufacturer can include it in their firmware???

Flipping the image is not difficult on the sensor, so why should the customers be fking bothered to use video software to do the same thing for every video they make when the manufacturer can include it in their firmware???

I meant it's not difficult to do in the firmware

Just bought this dash cam from Amazon. I am amazed how small the camera and the main unit are. I agree that the transparent plastic camera mount is better with matt black color. How could you detach the camera mount without breaking it? It looks like it is snug fit to the camera casing.

Just bought this dash cam from Amazon. I am amazed how small the camera and the main unit are. I agree that the transparent plastic camera mount is better with matt black color. How could you detach the camera mount without breaking it? It looks like it is snug fit to the camera casing.

Check your PM message inbox for details. (but, please note any DIY will void warranty)

Thanks for the PM on the info!

I don't think I will take the risk with no warranty...

I might think of other options like putting a matt black sticker around the camera mount then.

unscrew the ring off the end of the camera at the bracket end to take the camera out of the bracket

Thanks jokiin. But i don't want to void the warranty by painting the mount so I will just leave it transparent for now.

Thanks jokiin. But i don't want to void the warranty by painting the mount so I will just leave it transparent for now.

Have you thought about applying a black electrical tape over clear mount ? This will also make set-up more discrete and not void a warranty.

plasti dip even, we're only talking about a mount, I don't see an issue with painting it personally
DIY mount can be always left on windows without detaching / removing it in case lens camera RMA / replacement.

Hey niko and jokiin thanks again for your tips.

The transparent case is not my biggest problem now...

After I tried putting the camera on my windshield, it is not stealthy at all since my interior is light gray. I can see the camera easily from outside looking in because of the gray background. I might try to put a tint sun shade strip on the top of the windshield and put the camera behind it in order to make it stealthy.

Photo%202015-08-01%209%2005%2046%20AM_zpstjzbmyxw.jpg

Photo%202015-08-01%209%2005%2035%20AM_zpstsu9jemu.jpg

Last edited:
Hello gentlemen,

I have enjoyed staying at this forum and in return to what I have learned here, I would like to post my setup and some DYI report.

Setup of 2 sets of Panorama X1 / SGZC12RC for Front and Rear footage.
Hard wired via MotoPark BDP kit.

1) Remote censors were disassembled to add a strip of black electric tape to the inside of the shell to cover LED.
This does void a warranty, but I took my chance.
The information on how to completely disassemble remote camera is either not available or hard to find, so if whoever would like to do the same, here is what you need to know:
a) Rotate the ring on the side next to the holder to take it off - then slide the mount - it will come off easily
b) The not completely round ring from another side does not rotate and should be taken off with very gentle prying starting from one of the corner of sliced side of the ring. This ring is very fragile.
c) Take off the sticked label - 2 screws are hiding behind it. Unscrew these 2 screws (+) and your shell will open
d) The board is mounted with few more screws (+) (as far as I remember) and once they are unscrewed - the board and a lense will come off easily.
e) Now you can access the inner side of the shell to apply a piece of electrical tape to prevent LED light reaching the outside world
f) Assemble the camera back in the reverse order. If you don't make any mistake - you would not regret you voided your warranty.

2) The mount was a little to big to my likening, so I decided to trim it as inspired by @niko.
I used heated utility knife to trim off the piece. At this stage I have opted out from sanding and painting black.

3) I wanted to be able to take the mount off my windshield, plus it was important to have a black adhesive on the tape, so I used 3M Dual Lock TB3870
I have removed adhesive from one of the 3M Dual Lock velcro with gentle nail pry, then WD40, soap, alcohol and it was ready to be sticked with the original adhesive on the mount.
The only reason why I preferred to keep original 3M adhesive is - it was thinner than one on Dual Lock strip.

4) Cameras are connected via 90 degree micro usb extenders. Main units also have their 90 degree extenders.

5) I was willing to sacrifice the warranty of the camera, but I could not risk the warranty of the car, so MotoPack BDP kit has been connected by LR dealership technician. He also put the wire from the trunk door window through the door sealed wiring pipe up to the glove box compartment.

The result is shown below on the pics.

IMG_5122_1600.png IMG_5123_1600.png IMG_1917_1600.png IMG_1919_1600.png IMG_1920_1600.png IMG_1921_1600.png IMG_1925_1600.png IMG_1933_1600.png

It's a reasonable assumption that the camera won't 'see' much when the car is parked, & the windscreen covered in raindrops. A couple of frame grabs that suggest otherwise...

image.jpg image.jpg

I noticed that the windscreen appeared to be misted-up recently, when viewed from outside the car, & thought that the motion detect wouldn't capture anything. Not so...

image.jpg

Last edited:
it depends a lot on where you live as well. here in Northern California, it's known to be foggy. the fine mist that falls on my windshield creates a layer that does not sheet and roll off even when a new layer of rain-x or similar treatment is applied to my glass.

Hello everyone,

Finally had some time today to put the main unit to the glove box properly.
So I have used 3M Dual Lock SJ3870 to hold the unit tight to the glove box compartment.

Now my glove box is back hosting my usual stuff and no wires all around!

This is how it all looks like:

IMG_5205_1600.jpg IMG_5206_1600.jpg IMG_5213_1600.jpg IMG_5224_1600.jpg

Hello everyone,

Finally had some time today to put the main unit to the glove box properly.
So I have used 3M Dual Lock SJ3870 to hold the unit tight to the glove box compartment.

Now my glove box is back hosting my usual stuff and no wires all around!
cool, the stuff in the glove box isn't going to press up against the buttons and turn the units off are they?? or continually cause events to occur and be saved all the time by being bumped?

Back