Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

never tried a Cellink B so no idea how it would work, given how expensive they are (and if your vehicle allows) adding a deep cycle battery and dual battery isolator might be more cost effective and a better solution, that doesn't work for everyone though

128gb is as high as we've tested, only recently has anything larger come on the market, it may work but not something we've tried, in general though 64gb or less means you can get MLC memory which is better suited to this task

we're doing some revisions to the product right now so by the time you purchase it will be an updated version

Ok thank you for the suggestion. I will investigate putting in a deep cycle battery. It would be good to know if you can support > 128GB. Understand the implications of flash memory types.
With regards to the SG software platform, do you actually develop the code yourselves with in house developers or does an OEM/third party do it for you? What is coming software wise for this product? I have found little or no information in this regard which suggests you may be at the mercy of a third party? or perhaps this product is now just in sustaining mode.

What is coming software wise for this product? I have found little or no information in this regard which suggests you may be at the mercy of a third party? or perhaps this product is now just in sustaining mode.

we have made a number of changes already that are not in the generic versions of this product, that will be released next week

we have made a number of changes already that are not in the generic versions of this product, that will be released next week
Ok thank you jokiin. Looking forward to seeing the release notes. Where is the software repository/download area?
Side question - What is the included usb cable length between unit and camera in the current revision?

Ok thank you jokiin. Looking forward to seeing the release notes. Where is the software repository/download area?
Side question - What is the included usb cable length between unit and camera in the current revision?

feature list will be updated when the cameras are ready to ship

at the moment we carry 2m and 5m cables, can support up to 18m

I plan to use one SGZC12RC-v2 for the rear and another for the front.
I have one fuse location to use for both cams. Would a 5 amp fuse provide enough current for both Dash Cams?
Would a 7 amp be preferred?

NEW 2016 !!!
SPECIAL Waterproof / External Camera (SGRCWPC) for SGZC12RC - series

MAIN DISCUSSION THREAD click HERE

Specifications:
  • Sony Exmor IMX322 CMOS Sensor
  • Metal waterproof shell
  • Lens: 7 element all glass (IR)
  • 135 degree diagonal
  • Aperture: F1.8
Video cable total length approx 7.8 meters.
Camera video cable: 1.5m
Extension video cable length: 6.3m
Connector: MicroUSB plug

SGRCWPC (1).jpg

SGRCWPC (2).jpg

SGRCWPC (3).jpg

SGRCWPC (4).jpg

SGRCWPC (5).jpg

SGRCWPC (6).jpg

What cards are recommend for the RC12? I've been having issues with my Lexar 633x 64gb cards carried over from my X2 and amazon have refunded me for them..... I've seen Kingston 128gb Class 10 cards for a really good price - any know issues or is this cam not as fussy as the X2 was?

Transcend is good. Avoid red/grey SanDisk cards. Kingston doesn't have the best track record for me personally and RMA was impossible last time I tried. @jokiin just changed from bundling Kingston cards to Transcend recently

Transcend is good. Avoid red/grey SanDisk cards. Kingston doesn't have the best track record for me personally and RMA was impossible last time I tried. @jokiin just changed from bundling Kingston cards to Transcend recently
Good job you told me about the SanDisk cards coz amazon had a cracking deal on them here in the UK yesterday.
I remember I had Transcend in my X2 before I was advised to move over to MLC cards and can't remember having any issues with them.
How does this one look?
651318a218dfc6407116cd17a2f4b6de.jpg

Transcend 300x 64gb is what i use for this cam for the past 14 months. I got them from my x2 which i had problems with. I have two x1 cams, one on the front and one on the back. The front one is hardwired with bdp, the back one is in the cig lighter. The one on the front goes to black screen from time to time, maybe once in 1-2 months. When i unplug the cam for 1-2 hours still doesn't work, but when disconnect the bdp for few min than works no problem. I thing the bdp interference sometime that is why i have a black screen. The one on the back hasn't has a single issue what so ever. This is the best cam. All other cams have issues, this one is reliable. Just mount plug and you are done, no checking if it works or not . Very happy with SGZC12RC (x1 ).

I have asked jokiin if he can add a constant beeping if the card fails and says it needs formatting (which is what has happened to me a couple of times). He said he'll check the SDK, but hopefully it'll be included!

What cards are recommend for the RC12? I've been having issues with my Lexar 633x 64gb cards carried over from my X2 and amazon have refunded me for them..... I've seen Kingston 128gb Class 10 cards for a really good price - any know issues or is this cam not as fussy as the X2 was?

I've used the undernoted Lexar 64GB card in my RC since last July. No problems.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00C2WXVDW

Samsung Evo 128Gb works great for me, 2 of them in Panorama X2.

I have a quick question, in the main post it says you could use this to have 4 discreet cameras for a pseudo-360 degree view around a car, and hone it says you just need 4 X1s. Does that mean you need to buy 4 separate units? As in 4 cameras with the little recording screen? Is there a system that you can hook up 4 individual cameras to one headunit?

Is there a system that you can hook up 4 individual cameras to one headunit?

we don't have anything like that at this time, something we want to do but would be a while before we could get to it, too many other projects on the go at the moment

I see. It seems it may be more economical to get 2 dual channel set ups then than 4 individual single channels I would assume.

Back