Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Panorama X1.jpg

Edit 12 / 06 / 15
NB !
The Panorama X1 was the name of the PROTOTYPE product, which doesn't officially exist.
Street Guardian took over this project and now Official model name is STREET GUARDIAN SGZC12RC.
End of edited message.

Panorama X1 is one of the first Korean remote lens dashcamera systems based on supercaps ( capacitors ). Remote lens camera is quite small in size for discrete installation. Camera uses Sony Exmor IMX322 CMOS sensor, which can provide good video recording at night. Video resolution 1080p 30Fp. Motion. Supports up to 128Gb MicroSD memory card. Built-in G-sensor and GPS antenna for data logging. 2.7" capacitive touchscreen LCD. etc.

The one I have in this review is with built-in GPS but its only a prototype.
Retail version of Street Guardian SGZC12RC don't have a GPS logger.

Specifications

- 1080P Full HD
- Wide dynamic range ( WDR )
- G-sensor, Motion detection, auto / cycle recording
- Sony CMOS Sensor IMX322
- Processor ( CPU ): Zoran Coach 12p
- Remote lens camera. Up to 6m video cable
- 2.7"TFT Capacitive touch LCD, 16,000,000 true colour
- Direct power supply from vehicle cigarette lighter,DC 12- 24V.
- Video resolution: 1080p 30Fps, 720p 30Fps, 720p 60Fps.
- H.264/MPEG4 AVC video encoding, MP4 file type.
- Lens FOV 135 degree diagonal. F1.8 aperture.
- Support up to 128Gb MicroSD card..
- Smart motion detection algorithm recording with 5 seconds pre-recording.
- Event recording with built-in G-sensor.
- Built-in microphone. ON/OFF hotkey.
- Built-in supercaps ( capacitors ).
- Support external mobile power bank.

X1 cameras can be discretely mounted in front-, rear windows or on side door of your car. Basically you may have 4 channel 1080p 30Fps discretely mounted camera system, if you buy 4 set of X1 ;)

Below are different ways on where camera can be mounted in the car

Front

Front.jpg
P.S. I have "removed" camera lens from DVR Mirror in order to show you the real look of how X1 would look when mounted at the front. Further sample photos will be with rearview dvr-mirror camera lens as it is.

Left side

Left side.jpg

Right side

Right side.jpg

Rear camera DIY Project

Rear.jpg

Last edited:
Main unit can be "hidden" in many different places. All depends on your car and your personal preferences.

Below are few examples.

- Mini glove box near / under steering wheel

Mini glove box (1).jpg

Mini glove box (2).jpg

- Mounted to the car ceiling ( over sun visor ) using velcro tape.

Sunvisor.jpg

- "DIY-hidden" in many other places of your car, but some solutions may require certain DIY skills ( even incl. fiberglassing ).

Below are few samples outlined in red where main unit may be "hidden".

- Centre Console

Centre.jpg

- Steering wheel column

Steering Wheel.jpg

- dash / A-pillar corner

Left 1.jpg

Left 2.jpg

Right.jpg

- Dashboard

Initially X1 main unit is designed to be mounted on the dash, because there is also same design with built-in radar detector system be available soon ( check "inside" unit photos below )

dash.jpg

Last edited:
Some DIY Jobs I have made to suit my needs

My prototype of X1 came with white colour top shell, so I had to paint it flat black matte, but I believe for mass-production X1 will be available in full black colour.

X1 shell painted (1).jpg

X1 shell painted (2).jpg

Original camera mount is made from clear plastic and has ( on my opinion ) too long mount for 3M double-sided tape. For such small and light camera no need big mount, so I cut some of it, - this way it will be less visible to outside. Also I have painted clear plastic to black matte for more discrete installation.

Cut Bracket.jpg

Painting a braket (1).jpg

Painting a braket (2).jpg

Last edited:
Disassembled / Inside X1

Inside X1 (1).jpg

Inside X1 (2).jpg

Below you may see quite chunky aluminium frame for Radar detector unit.
It also acts as a heat dissipater and protects PCB electronics components from EMI / RFI interferences.

Inside X1 (3).jpg

Zoran Coach 12 Chipset

Inside X1 (4).jpg

Inside X1 (5).jpg

Inside X1 (6).jpg

Inside X1 (7).jpg

Supercaps ( Capacitors )

Inside X1 (8).jpg

Last edited:
X1 camera moutned on the rearview mirror bracket.

X1 mounted on the rearview mirror bracket.jpg

X1 camera mounted under rearview mirror sunshade stripe

Centre 1.jpg

Centre 2.jpg

X1 camera vs X2 main unit size comparison.

X1 vs X2 a.jpg

X1 vs X2 b.jpg

Some video samples

Just bear in mind, I got a prototype release with very first beta-FW v1.00.00, so there are some tune-up in video quality and menu interface will be made in the future. I will keep updated with a new firmware video samples in my "reserved posts".

Below are compilations of day and night test-drive videos from beta-firmware

P.S. YouTube compresses videos, so some Raw / original video files you may download from HERE

P.S. Due to X1 model uses similar hardware as X2, video performance will be tuned up soon to same standards as X2.

Below is comparison of X1 vs X2 different firmware.

First one is X1 FW v1.00.00 vs X2 FW v1.01.01
You see they are identical at night.

Top: X1
Bottom: X2

Below I have made comparison of X1 FW v1.00.00 vs X2 which has new enhanced night video recording FW v1.01.02. ( now is even more updated v1.01.04 )
Soon X1 will have same night video recording quality of recognizing more details at night as on X2.

Top: X1
Bottom: X2

Last edited:
Manufacturer pictures of the product

Panorama X1 (1).jpg

Panorama X1 (2).jpg

Panorama X1 (3).jpg

Panorama X1 (4).jpg

Panorama X1 (5).jpg

Panorama X1 (6).jpg

Panorama X1 (7).jpg

Below you may see 2 microusb ports. One says "front", second says "rear/usb". The second port works only as a factory service port. It is not for rear camera. The X1 model ( as it is now ) is only 1 channel dashcam system, not 2 channels !
Panorama X1 (8).jpg

Panorama X1 (9).jpg

Last edited:
This is a RESERVED POST for further X1 updates.

Last edited:
Excellent Review as usual Niko. SungMoon is staying busy with Panorama innovation as always. I'm glad we are finally able to talk about the all new X1.

We will have this for sale soon . I'll let everyone know when it is available for pre-order.

Last edited by a moderator:
That lens is looking good - slightly higher FOV than the X2 but looks very sharp, and that's running at 12Mbps!

Daft question actually but is the rear lens in the X2 135 degrees then or is this different spec to the X2? I never did a side by side before chucking it into the car!

That looks great! A lot of people have been looking for a product like this. As it allows a very discrete insall I would go for two of these instead of a 2ch X2 - but only if it will have parking mode. However, the lack of parking mode settings in the video and the fact that it is designed to run off cigar lighter socket doesn't look too promising for this. Do you know if this will be possible on release/with later firmware?

Last edited:
the external GPS would obviously be preferable to those that need to do a hideaway install, good that that's an option

That looks great! A lot of people have been looking for a product like this. As it allows a very discrete insall I would go for two of these instead of a 2ch X2 - but only if it will have parking mode. However, the lack of parking mode settings in the video and the fact that it is designed to run off cigar lighter socket doesn't look too promising for this. Do you know if this will be possible on release/with later firmware?

I just confirmed the X1 will have the same Motion Detection (automatic parking mode) setting found in the Panorama G. All you need to add is a hard wire low voltage cut off kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
That lens is looking good - slightly higher FOV than the X2 but looks very sharp, and that's running at 12Mbps!

Daft question actually but is the rear lens in the X2 135 degrees then or is this different spec to the X2? I never did a side by side before chucking it into the car!

X1 lens FOV is a little bit wider than on X2 front camera. Will post comparison video soon.
I believe bit-rate can be rise in future firmware.

X1 functionality ( settings / GUI ) is basically similar to Panorama 2 / S / G series.
For over 1 year I was using Panorama 2 with Motion Detection always ON. This way it worked well for me as Parking Mode.
The only difference is that instead of X2 20 sec parking mode videos length, the X1 has 1 min motion detection.
Also need to buy battery discharge prevention device and cigarette lighter splitter.

the external GPS would obviously be preferable to those that need to do a hideaway install, good that that's an option

yeah, for hide-away places need external GPS, but as I understood, that project is only on the paper at the moment .We will see.

Any updates on when it will be released? I've been searching for a discreet dashcam like this one and was about to purchase the panorama ii but will hold off.

Any updates on when it will be released? I've been searching for a discreet dashcam like this one and was about to purchase the panorama ii but will hold off.

Hopefully by the end of this year. Still need to do some minor firmware tune-up.

Back