Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

Dude........ Good skills indeed but do I need to buy you a dremel or similar cheaper version that does the same job...... Just say'n what I'd do with my Ozito rotary.

The only issue I see with this modification is some flexing in the bracket on rougher than normal roads which I at home would probably fix with something like a small round piece of wetsuit or something between the finger screw and angle iron to absorb shock which is easy to remove if removing the camera.

Happy Easter you lot........ Take care out/in there ;)

Thank you.
Wishing you a Happy Easter too.

I would really like to see a change to the audio feed back when touching the screen. How about one tone for recording and another tone for stopping recording. My camera location makes it difficult to see the flashing red indicator for recording but a simple touch of the screen would help me know. If it is recording and I touch the screen then a different pitched tone would tell me I just turned recording off. Another touch would start recording.

I move my camera between vehicles and frequently power it through the USB port and don't have the option of automatically starting recording when powering up.

I would really like to see a change to the audio feed back when touching the screen. How about one tone for recording and another tone for stopping recording. My camera location makes it difficult to see the flashing red indicator for recording but a simple touch of the screen would help me know. If it is recording and I touch the screen then a different pitched tone would tell me I just turned recording off. Another touch would start recording.

I move my camera between vehicles and frequently power it through the USB port and don't have the option of automatically starting recording when powering up.

The Audio touch dual feedback feature request is a good idea.

Please note the microUSB port on the camera is a factory service port only. (not for transferring files) If you power the Panorama in your home or car via this microUSB port, new recordings won't start automatically. Only use the included 12v cigarette lighter port adapter charger for day to day use.

The Audio touch dual feedback feature request is a good idea.

agreed, maybe difficult to implement though

Please note the microUSB port on the camera is a factory service port only. (not for transferring files) If you power the Panorama in your home or car via this microUSB port, new recordings won't start automatically. Only use the included 12v cigarette lighter port adapter charger for day to day use.

buying a spare power cable for the other vehicle probably makes more sense

Hey, just wondering if you have any new mounts available for this cam? A buddy of mine has this and wanted me to look around because the suction mount is good, but its big and during really cold weather it has fallen a few times onto the seat of the car.

Also, is there anyway to disable the GPS in this model? I know this one has the GPS built in, but is there a way to disable it for example?

Check out the photo spread in our SGZC12SG Deluxe Kit. You'll see a 3rd and 4th special mount which we sell separately as well. The PANOG3M2 is nice.

You can strip away embedded MP4 GPS data via registratorviewer and a quick bar crop if needed.

No ETA on next G development cycles at this time.
+ 1. i was just searching to find this functionality to disable the function and recording light when in parking mode.

Just ordered my SGZC12SG "Starter Kit" off of Amazon. Looking forward to receiving it and seeing what it can do. Hope it comes with the latest and greatest FW. I did not have a great experience with the last dashcam that I ordered off of Amazon (it came with preloaded Korean FW) and had to return it. So, am hoping to have better luck. :)

I bought this one from amazon thru Pier28 and received it on April 30. Using since then. So far I like it. Very easy to set it up and forget. It just works. So far because I've had bad experience with a previous one from different brand. So I'll keep you updated on how it goes on. Also bought 128 GB Transcend card with that. It stores 16 hours of video which is very convenient. Also somebody was talking about poor exposure. This is not true. It works just fine though I drive in various light conditions thru different states all the time.

Received my dash cam yesterday. Nice!!! Got it connected last night and did my first recordings this morning on my way to work. Nice and clear video. Very impressed. :) Now, need to read up and research all the settings and make sure I am making the best use of my new toy. :) Great job Pier28 and Street Guardian.

The only issue I have at the moment was a "user error" issue. In my haste to get it connected last night, I selected the larger circular sticky mount to mount the cam behind the rearview mirror on the driver's side. After manually placing it where I wanted it to make sure it did not stick too far below the mirror bottom, I went ahead and stuck it to the window. After having done that, I realized it probably would have been better placed on the passenger side of the mirror which would allow more room between camera and mirror (given the mirror is slightly tilted to the driver) for screen viewing or whatnot. Also would be better for inserting and removing the SD. Well, too late now to remove the mount as it is reeaallly stuck on to the window. So, had to get the shorter square mount and place that on the passenger side of the mirror. All working well now. Just have a mount on the driver side now which is just there until I figure out how to remove it without breaking it. Like I said, user error.

Hope this helps other users to not be in such a rush as I was. lol

the 3M tape reaches 50% bond in 20 minutes, 100% bond takes 72 hours so the sooner you try and get it off the better, once you get some air under the tape it will come away easier, a bit of string between the mount and glass pulled back and forth is generally the best way to get an edge up

Back