Street Guardian SGZC12SG - producing bad mp4 files ... is it the SD cards?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to provide an update of an issue I posted here previously. I found out that the Lexar memory card I purchased from Amazon (amazon is the direct vendor) is a defective/fake card. I thought purchasing it directly from the Amazon vendor would have a smaller chance of receiving a fake card, guess I was wrong. I'm in touch with their customer service to see if I can get a refund or an exchange. Seems this maybe the culprit of the many corrupted files I was getting. I am currently using an older 32gb kingston card and so far its been working fine but I haven't checked the files in the last week.

I have firmware 1.01 I believe which is old one. Can you please email me the updated one. I finally, after buy 3 cameras a month back got a chance to install them. Have it setup and running but before I use them regularly would love to make sure I have the latest firmware on all 3. Thank you for your help in advance.

Last edited:
Update on replacing the Samsung 32GB SD card that was giving corrupted files on my new 'G'.
I installed a Lexar Platinum 64GB SD card today, formatted it in the camera and went for a drive.
Pulled the Lexar card when I got home and viewed all the MP4's on my Mac computer, all good.
Looks like the problem is solved, thanks for the help!
:)

I've had that happen too (corrupted video files), also with a Samsung-branded card. After updating the camera with newest firmware and re-formatting the card (using the camera's card format function) the card appears to be working fine for now. If it'll start corrupting files again - I'll just buy a different card by different brand. Sadly all of the SD card manufacturers appear to have pretty poor quality control regardless of the model... Oh well, at least they're not very expensive.

Back