Street Guardian SGZC12SG USA Edition Now Available! (Unboxing & Video Review)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
I just created this unboxing video, and explained a bit about what makes the Street Gurardian SGZC12SG (Panorama G) stand out from the crowd. Check it out!

Fvm2T7Km.jpg

NEW!
15Mbit
DST Offset
MPH/KPH selectable

Features:

• Street Guardian 1080p30 DVR
  • Processor: Zoran Coach 12P
  • LCD display: 2.7-inch Touch Screen
  • Lens: 7 Element Glass lens, 154° Diagonal viewing angle
  • CMOS sensor: Sony Exmor IMX122
  • Video resolution: full HD 1080P at 30fps @ 15Mbit/sec
  • Video format: H.264 compression mode MP4 format
  • Microphone/speaker: built-in
  • Storage media: SDHC SD card, maximum 256GB*
  • Gapless recording: supported
  • Recording cycle menu selectable:
  • Date stamped video: supported
  • Parking mode and Motion detection: supported
  • Super Capacitor power supply, last file save and soft shutdown
  • Screen saver: supported
  • Night mode: wide dynamic range (WDR)
  • Built-in G-sensor: yes
  • Incident file protect: automatic by G-sensor/manual by button
  • GPS: internal
  • White balance: auto
  • Power supply: 12v/24v direct input
*Memory cards larger than 32GB should be formatted FAT32 for optimal results

Quick start guide

User manual Australian version

User manual USA version

RAW VIDEO SAMPLES

DAY: ((coming soon, will edit this space))

NIGHT: ((coming soon, will edit this space))

More information is available on this other thread:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sgzc12sg.7554/

Available now in the following sales channels:

Last edited:
Oh Great Youtube just deleted all the Annotations I added, and the "Stabilize" video effect is permanently applied even though I didn't add it. Something is wonky, I might need to re-upload it. I was able to remove undo the edits and fixed annotations. (My iOS "Youtube Capture" app had stabilize video on by default)

Last edited:
I wish the cam had all of the white lettering on the back of the cam. No one sees the back side. That would be all black for the windshield yet still say what the camera is on the back part.

I wish the cam had all of the white lettering on the back of the cam. No one sees the back side. That would be all black for the windshield yet still say what the camera is on the back part.

Here's what it looks like with some quick DIY

nBhFP47.jpg

Are there any other Street Guardian products that will feature the ability to have a CPL filter attached to the lens?

Only this one right now
Thanks for the quick reply @jokiin

I was just curious, because from what I've seen only a few dashcams offer the ability to have a CPL attached.

Could you offer your advice/opinions on the benefits/disadvantages to a CPL filter?

Thanks for the quick reply @jokiin

I was just curious, because from what I've seen only a few dashcams offer the ability to have a CPL attached.

Could you offer your advice/opinions on the benefits/disadvantages to a CPL filter?

Disadvantages, they add one f/stop to the lens, they soften the focus, require manual intervention to put on and off so more chance of either not bothering or leaving unwanted fingerprints etc

Advantages, they can fix unwanted reflections from the dash, vehicle type is more the reason why you might want one, on some vehicles it's not even an issue, on others they can be very useful due to windscreen rake and interior trim materials

A decent one often costs more than some people are willing to spend on a camera so I guess it's a limited market, cheap ones might knock some reflection off but can negatively impact image quality

Reflections would need to be severe before I would consider using one, maybe if you wanted to film a road trip perhaps and had some secondary reason for the footage other than just regular dashcam use

Reflections would need to be severe before I would consider using one, maybe if you wanted to film a road trip perhaps and had some secondary reason for the footage other than just regular dashcam use

Thanks for this suggestion. I guess I wouldn't need to pay for a CPL if the reflections aren't that troublesome.

Thanks for this suggestion. I guess I wouldn't need to pay for a CPL if the reflections aren't that troublesome.

I get the occasional enquiry about CPL filters and I always advise to try it without and see if you need it first as it's very much about the car rather than the camera, so far only two people decided to get the CPL

+1
Only use my CPL when I want to record round trips without reflection.

+1
Only use my CPL when I want to record round trips without reflection.

I guess using your dashcam as a road trip record is a fairly often occurence then. I'll keep that in mind if I want to do a roadtrip video next time.

Here's what it looks like with some quick DIY

nBhFP47.jpg

Instead of having to DIY the cam to be less noticeable why can't the factory make it all black?

Maybe having the lettering on top of the cam where it can not be seen when mounted would be best.

This is not the kind of product that most people would show off to others saying look at the inscription. No, they want to show how stealthy and unnoticed it is after a long trip when everyone exits the car. The looks of surprise could be worth it.

Instead of having to DIY the cam to be less noticeable why can't the factory make it all black?

Maybe having the lettering on top of the cam where it can not be seen when mounted would be best.

This is not the kind of product that most people would show off to others saying look at the inscription. No, they want to show how stealthy and unnoticed it is after a long trip when everyone exits the car. The looks of surprise could be worth it.

It's because 1k shells were already printed at the Panorama S/G factory. As soon as they sell out, the next batch will be all black. Until then just tape over it.

Correct me if I am wrong: Since this writes at 15 Mbps, pretty much any SD card will work for this? Anythign with write speeds higher thnan 2 MBps should suffice? (I am looking at 30-45 MBps)

Back