Street Guardian USA / Pier 28

HEZEUS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello
I think I may have fallen behind a bit and would like an update please.
Occasionally I check the Pier 28 website regarding SG products available in the USA.
  • Yesterday, Google no longer provided a link and my bookmarks no longer worked
  • I have also noticed that Amazon (USA) now lists SG products as for sale by Street Guardian as opposed to Pier28.
  • Here on the forum there is now a member Street Guardian USA.
How are these events related?
Is Street Guardian USA now the US retailer?
  • If so I cannot locate a website for them.
And of course, what happened to Pier 28?

Best, as always
Edward

Hi - hope I'm not threadjacking. Been without dashcam for quite some time after my 0803 died a couple years ago and since I recently suffered a $9K+ rear-end accident, decided I'm back in the market. (Next one might not be so cut and dried their fault.)

Looking at the SG9665GC v3 2017 (64GB card package) on Amazon (needing a cap here in TX vs a battery that died quickly), and notice on Amazon there's both "Fullfilled by Amazon" with Prime and shipping cost offers but both show as "Street Guardian" for the seller info, guessing Pier28 rename applies here as well?? Willing to buy from whomever assuming I'm getting the full monty newest version, yeah I'm a Prime member but not sweating the shipping cost if that's the better direction to go.

Just want to confirm they're basically the same stock and seller, just Amazon has pre-warehoused some??

Hi - hope I'm not threadjacking. Been without dashcam for quite some time after my 0803 died a couple years ago and since I recently suffered a $9K+ rear-end accident, decided I'm back in the market. (Next one might not be so cut and dried their fault.)

Looking at the SG9665GC v3 2017 (64GB card package) on Amazon (needing a cap here in TX vs a battery that died quickly), and notice on Amazon there's both "Fullfilled by Amazon" with Prime and shipping cost offers but both show as "Street Guardian" for the seller info, guessing Pier28 rename applies here as well?? Willing to buy from whomever assuming I'm getting the full monty newest version, yeah I'm a Prime member but not sweating the shipping cost if that's the better direction to go.

Just want to confirm they're basically the same stock and seller, just Amazon has pre-warehoused some??

Great question!!
I too have always wondered whether Amazon stays up to date on the latest version of tech products such as these.

Last edited:
Even the acronym is easier SGUSA :D

you rename your company or creat a new one ?
And yes, the name of new company is earier to PR and marketing than old's one. :)

Pier28 was not my company.
(Was an employee through a friend)

Street Guardian USA is my new company started from scratch. :)

Good luck Jon. Could not happen to a more deserving guy.

agree, I think anyone who had ever had any dealings with Jon via Pier28 would know he always took complete ownership of any issue for any customer regardless to make sure things were sorted, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression, it's a fact of life that sometimes things do go wrong so having someone like Jon involved is definitely an asset for us

But a nick "pier28" belonged to you (Jon), doesnt it ?
You named your nick on dashcamtalk after name of your company you worked for in the first place ?
So, logic in here is:
you worked in dashcam sellling comany then you joined dashcamtalk, and now, you make your own company.
or
You joined dashcamtalk then you started worked in dashcam selling company.
which one is right ? :D
I am curious. :)

I started out on dashcamtalk as an enthusiast.

I've had one account renamed multiple times.
JazJon, RoadCam, Pier28, and finally Street Guardian USA
(But like/post history since 2013 remains)

I transferred the old Pier28 name to the account formerly named Pier28 Taylor

I thought Pier28 was your company Jon. Anyways, good luck with your new one. With all my dealings with you you've always been a top notch guy!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Back