Street Guardian X2WRC323 optional Waterproof camera for the SGGCX2PRO

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Waterproof Rear Camera option now available in limited quantities.

Description

The Street Guardian X2WRC323 is an optional Waterproof camera for the SGGCX2PRO (90-degree plug version for SG9663DC/SG9663DCPRO coming soon as well)

This unit comes with an adjustable swiveling adhesive mount, which can be removed allowing for flexible mounting possibilities.

Using the shorter 25cm cable, you can also mount this unit inside the vehicle facing towards the driver and passengers – ideal for use in taxis etc.

• Lens: 7 Element, Metal chassis, Glass lens, IR cut, medium wide horizontal viewing angle
  • CMOS sensor: Sony Exmor
  • Cable: 6M cable to suit included, 25cm short cable also included
  • WaterProof: IP67

Included in kit:

Main camera including 1M of cable x 1
6M cable x 1
25cm cable x 1
Conductive tape strips x 2
Heat Shrink x 2
Spare 3M Adhesive x 2
Shor cable x 1
Mounting screws x 4

Last edited:
Nice that you have made short & long cables so it can be used inside or outside the vehicle. A useful accessory for a variety of camera positions.

I'll have to check, can't remember off the top of my head, was something we did over a year ago, has taken that long to sort out some things that held us up on getting it out sooner

Thanks! As you know, many of us find that info very useful in choosing a lens and look for it when making a purchase decision. The focal length of this lens option would be good to know too!

P.S. This could conceivable be a great solution for a pick-up truck. :)

Yeah pickups, convertibles etc are suitable candidates for an external camera, lens wise they might not be directly comparable to existing models as you don't have glass to deal with which does help with the results somewhat

Yeah pickups, convertibles etc are suitable candidates for an external camera, lens wise they might not be directly comparable to existing models as you don't have glass to deal with which does help with the results somewhat

As I think you are aware, I prefer a narrower FOV lens on my pick-up; enough to capture just beyond the bed rails on either side with coverage of the cargo and a concentration on traffic behind me. Then again, that's from a perspective from the rear cabin window. Moving the lens to the tailgate or rear bumper would have different considerations.

Perhaps at some point you can post a screen shot example of this lens' coverage?

Nice (y)
Just curious if the cable attachment point on the cam rotates? A sleek design regardless of that.

Phil

Installed on a 2017 Toyota Tundra today.

cba30fb3917f2c15aa28c0ee213cd60a.jpg

72da821db25f28bb83ccada2931757bd.jpg

I like the idea. Can the standard rear cam be mounted against the flat back window of a truck?

From experience I can say that cameras position on a pickup on a dirt road or on roads that get plowed and sanded is calling for a quick application of dust on the lens. On roads without dirt and sand applied for winter traction it should be an excellent location. I only hope the paint is durable as that area can accelerate rusting. Many rear bumpers rust to nothing and need replacing up here.

P.S. Proper wire mounting is critical. Snow can pull wires off. I had that happen on a pickup that had taillights below the tailgate. I soldered the wires back into the light sockets many times.

What's the longest total cable run for the rear cam?

Phil

Back