Street Guardian X2WRC323 optional Waterproof camera for the SGGCX2PRO

Does the SGGCX2PRO with X2WRC323 record from both cameras in parking mode?

I think i can say yes to that one on behalf of the official SG guys, the camera housing are just waterproof thats the only thing that set it apart from the regular cameras.
And the parking guard routine are handled in the main unit so as long as it can get footage from a camera it will also be able to do parking guard with that cameras feed.

Feeding the wire i would be careful, while not cheap garbage SG use, it do seem like you can be too rough with the wires, i would think not least where the wire are bend sharply.
Other people have managed with the regular cameras on SUV hatches ASO to feed the cable thru the rubber grommet that have the cars original wires too, without any problems.
I have also done this myself with the wires to my 2 side cameras that are on a fixed piece of glass on my rear doors, so i have fed them down thru the door and on via the rubber grommet to the B pillar.
And so far that have been working fine for a year now, though again my car dont see much action on the rear seat so the doors are not used much.

I think i can say yes to that one on behalf of the official SG guys, the camera housing are just waterproof thats the only thing that set it apart from the regular cameras.
And the parking guard routine are handled in the main unit so as long as it can get footage from a camera it will also be able to do parking guard with that cameras feed.

Feeding the wire i would be careful, while not cheap garbage SG use, it do seem like you can be too rough with the wires, i would think not least where the wire are bend sharply.
Other people have managed with the regular cameras on SUV hatches ASO to feed the cable thru the rubber grommet that have the cars original wires too, without any problems.
I have also done this myself with the wires to my 2 side cameras that are on a fixed piece of glass on my rear doors, so i have fed them down thru the door and on via the rubber grommet to the B pillar.
And so far that have been working fine for a year now, though again my car dont see much action on the rear seat so the doors are not used much.

Good, thank you.

As far as running wires, I put everything in wire loom and grommets. This loom will run from the back to the front inside a cable run mounted to the ceiling. I also have a dedicated split-bus (hot/ign) sub panel for all aftermarket electronic/electrical accessories I add on to the van. I’ll post pics when I finally get this project completed.

Back