Street Guardian, You win.....

mrebay10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking around recently for a camera for my new car, 2018 VW Tiguan uk which has quite a slope to the front windscreen and no matter how many reviews I read about different Dashcams, reliability is really important to me as I tend to leave the cam alone until needed, I keep coming back to the Street Guardian range due to amazing support and equally great reviews from Amazon etc...

Time to order the SGGCX2 and relax knowing if I have any issues I can pop on here and grab some help......... Well done street guardian for looking after your customers....

Just be warned you cant completely forget the camera, not even a SG branded one.

You are advised to look over the content of the memory card every 1-2 months, just look for first and last files in drive sessions not starting or ending weird places. ( as per file names )
It take about 5 - 10 min tops to ensure a 128 Gb memory card are good to go, and as we have seen quite a few times in here over the years those minutes spent now and then are well spent when you really do need the camera.
And then do a in camera format when you get the memory card hack in the camera.

You also need to clan the inside of the windscreen, probably more often than you have done before, and even the lens itself get some buildup over time too.
If you dont have smoking going on in the car you should be able to just do that every 2 - 3 months, be sure to use a good cleaner that do not leave anything on the windscreen, for the lens dont use any solvents just the provided lens cloth should be fine.

Welcome to the Street Guardian club.

Just be warned you cant completely forget the camera,

The memory card is always the weakest link yes. Only format the card in the camera. It’s good practice to format the card every few months or so to keep things sorted and healthy.

Maybe I should clarify.... When I say I leave the cam alone until needed I didn't actually mean I ignore it completely, It was more of a, I don't check the files on a daily basis kinda thing... I have had a cam in my previous car for 4years and regularly formatted the SD Card and I certainly kept my windscreen clean ...lol....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alexsoll SGGCX2 97
C SGGCX2 1
Back