Street Guardian's new 2k cam SG9667DC2K

I don't have this specific cam, but I do have the SG9663DC pro. I agree with the previous posts regarding customer service. Jon and the rest of the customer service team is truly OUTSTANDING and exceptional! Tickets are answered in MINUTES or hours instead of days or weeks. I have had my SG9665DC pro and build quality is excellent. I am also interested on what others have on feedback for the night time performance of the SG9667DC2K.

The very first SG camera i was sent ( the SG9665GC V1 ) i had to refocus the lens after a while.
Years later in another batch of SG cameras i got the SGGCX2 camera ( vanilla version ) it somehow manage to back itself into a corner, but flashing the same firmware fixed that up for good, or at least until next firmware was released for me to test.
I think it was also in the same batch i got another camera, but cant recall if it was the SG9663DC or the Guard track GT65EX, but the problem was a wonky GPS antenna, i just plugged in a older GPS from another SG camera and i was good to go again.
O and then "lately" getting the SG9663DR to test, i have somehow managed to get its WIFI to be one no one can connect to, it just will not work no matter what have been tried, and a lot have been tried, no matter though it have a screen and work perfect otherwise.
On all occasions have the SG boss offered to send me a new test camera or GPS antenna, but i am resourceful and would never expect ask for something like that on what is essential free products.
If the camera had completely crapped out, well then i would of course have liked a new one so i was still able to test, but not something i would expect, and others have also gotten test samples so it should not be absolutely necessary.
I have been testing on the latest 2 Viofo cameras, and here viofo have also been extremely helpful, first i got the A139, then a few months later i got my car broken into and that system partly vandalized, but Viofo sent me a new one.
And the testing the T130, the memory card with the firmware for the rear camera died mid update after only a week or two, meaning the rear camera did not work, again viofo stepped up and sent me a new rear camera, and threw on top a new rear camera wire and a CPL filter too as the original one had some issues staying fixed well.

In General i have only seen SG operate fine in regard to their products and customers, and something like that i would not mind pay a little extra for.

Last edited:
Like the quality. Will post mine soon.
How did you remove the GPS data from the files? I loaded yours in the SG app and it didn't show the location on the map like my files do.

probably did not have the GPS antenna connected, so set time /date manual.

BTW i was not able to unzip the video i downloaded.

Last edited:
Winrar should do it. I installed rar from Google store which is provided by winrar

@DashCamOwnersAustralia did you compare the 2k resolution vs 1920x1080 60fps? I am yet to be able to easily read the license plate numbers, maybe I have higher expectations but driving in different direction with other cars around 35mph I can't red their plate numbers. In fact, when using 60fps and pausing the video the opposite car seems to have shaky look, very tiny shake. I tried with WDR and without both at highest quality and removed the polarizer too but still the same issue.
The lens loses quality third the way off center. Have to check my pro+ if it's the same

Last edited:
Only tried 2k so far but pleased with the result there given my new car seems bad for reflections off the dash etc.

Will play around a bit the next few days.

Good to hear. I need to do more tests and post some videos

Unfortunately no luck with the 1tb card I have for testing but fairly expected still seeing as they arent that popular yet.

Edit: Spoke with SG and support for 1tb is in the works.

Last edited:
Sorry for that, updated.

Last edited:
Only tried 2k so far but pleased with the result there given my new car seems bad for reflections off the dash etc.

Will play around a bit the next few days.
Can you check if you are seeing chromatic aberration to the left and right side of the picture? I am seeing some and its stronger on the left side. Also, I am unable to read license plates at night and day at 1920/1080/60fps unless the other and my car are at complete stop.

This is an example of 1920x1080x60 where the other car is at complete stop while I am going around 25mph or less maybe. Picture looks very shaky although the pavement is smooth
1920x1080x60fps.png
This is another at night at 2560x1080x30
2560x1080x30fps.png

Not sure if this is normal or I have faulty unit or firmware update should fix it. I tried multiple players and all the same isse.

Can you please upload some raw videos? The still images won’t help us analyze much.

We normally have a wetransfer pro upload link but it’s not working at the moment so use this Dropbox upload link for now.

I have to do more testing to make sure but it seems low light situation is what causing the shaky and unclear videos.
When I first installed it and was sunny day, 8 didn't have that problem pausing the video and reading plates even for faster driving speed

Low light will introduce motion blur alright. sadly no sensors available that can deal with that, or at least not sensors in use in any consumer dashcam.

I agree but mine even under slightly low light condition shows bad blur, additionally I have noticeable chromatic aberration so something isn't right but its hard to tell if it's hardware or software related.
Check the blur for the daytime picture I posted, that's not normal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA SG9667DC2K 7
Back