Struggle with technology HELP PLEASE

townsendpn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a mature chap (!!!) I struggle with technology.

Have fitted the dashcam to my car but have some stupid questions
1 It fires up fine and records . I have kepy the factory settings
I have fitted a 32 gb mini storage card
So I get in the car and drive to the local shops of go for a 3 hr drive
Does it record the short drive as a separate folder on the storage card.
On a 3 hr drive does it record all the journey on the card or loop around and just record the last few minutes
When the card is full does it just start deleting the oldest unless I press the red button to save a file

So sorry to sound an idiot but I do not understand this technology - appreciate help

You get multiple files for the trip. All files are stored in the same folder with a time stamp(plus you get a low quality and high quality version), the length of each file depends in the setting on the device (can’t remember the default length)
You may fit 3 hrs onto a 32GB card but it depends on how many protected files you have (explained next).
When the card fills it up starts overwriting unprotected files. Protected files are created by pressing the red button but also by the g force detection in the device (it beeps when it does this), these files are never overwritten.
NextBase recommend reformatting the SD card every 2-3 weeks to remove protected files and also to keep the card “healthy”. If you don’t do this eventually the free space is reduced due to protected files and the length of journey recorded reduces.
You can format the card from the dashcam, the mobile app or by plugging into a computer.
Hope that all makes sense and helps.

Back