Struggling to find a dashcam that fits my needs - suggestions needed!

sausagedelay

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi DashTalk forum,

First post. I have been involved in a hit and run whilst my car was parked, sparking the journey to find the dashcam for me. I've looked thoroughly through the pages which compare and review dash cams across this website and many others, however I still haven't successfully found the one.

My specifications are simply these:
- front + back (front 1080p, back preferably 1080p however slightly less quality is alright)
- Under or around $200
- parking mode
- discreet
- little known problems

After hours of searching I've come down to a few results, however it does not satisfy one or some of my specifications.

Lukas-lk-7950-wd ticks all the boxes except price and discreetness.

Thinkware F750-2CH is as close as I've gotten, ticking everything except the cost. (Whopping $400+, way out of my budget.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly,
thanks guys.

you'll need to either increase your budget or rethink your criteria

I think if I can convince myself the rear camera isn't that necessary then I can definitely find something that fits the other criteria. What do you think I should reconsider?

Those aren't some bad prices! But the Australian dollar is doing so poorly right now, converting US to AUD won't look pretty. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Hit-and-run ( or any other useful missed or bad quality footage ) could cost many times more than price of descent dashcam system.

Hit-and-run ( or any other useful missed or bad quality footage ) could cost many times more than price of descent dashcam system.
Yeah that's definitely a good point. Lukas has really good footage quality from either camera, so right now I'm leaning towards that even though it's huge and not discreet in the slightest.

With Lukas and dual cameras, can motion be picked up from the rear camera to begin recording?

Yeah that's definitely a good point. Lukas has really good footage quality from either camera, so right now I'm leaning towards that even though it's huge and not discreet in the slightest.

With Lukas and dual cameras, can motion be picked up from the rear camera to begin recording?

I think @Calgary Dash Camera - Robert may help you with this question.

I would increase your budget and get the best camera system you can, I replaced my older finevue CR500HD cameras with 2 single channel Blackvue DR650GW 1CH models being able to check the status of the recordings via wifi has been great.

With my finevue 's I had to remove the sd card to check the video to make sure the camera was recording properly. and it didn't record something we needed to retrieve.

So far the Blackvue's have been working great and being able to review and retrieve videos via wifi has been way better the removing the sdcard

Sorry for the delay!
Been busy trying to catch up from CES.

Yes motion seen from the rear camera will start a motion recording.

Hi DashTalk forum,

First post. I have been involved in a hit and run whilst my car was parked, sparking the journey to find the dashcam for me. I've looked thoroughly through the pages which compare and review dash cams across this website and many others, however I still haven't successfully found the one.

My specifications are simply these:
- front + back (front 1080p, back preferably 1080p however slightly less quality is alright)
- Under or around $200
- parking mode
- discreet
- little known problems

After hours of searching I've come down to a few results, however it does not satisfy one or some of my specifications.

Lukas-lk-7950-wd ticks all the boxes except price and discreetness.

Thinkware F750-2CH is as close as I've gotten, ticking everything except the cost. (Whopping $400+, way out of my budget.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly,
thanks guys.

I'd go for Lukas it's quality shop around for prices they Vary enormously

Back