Stuck in boot loop with larger card

pc00

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got a SG9665GC in 2015 and have used it for a long time with a 32 GB card. August 2019 I bought a SanDisk 400 GB card, which didn't work at first, then I upgraded the firmware and formatted the card in the dashcam and it worked fine until yesterday. Starting yesterday, if I have the 400 GB card in, the dashcam just repeatedly bootloops (still works fine with 32 GB card though). When I plugged the 400 GB card into my windows computer, Windows prompted me to scan and try repairing, then it reported that the card was fine and I'm able to read files off of it. Plugging it back into dashcam still causes boot loops though. Maybe I need to reformat the card in the dashcam? But not sure how to do that given the boot loop.

keep in mind the GC series only officially supports up to 256GB, would suggest a regular reset with SDformatter to keep the card healthy if using anything larger

Thanks - I'll give that a try. Can you expand on the 256 GB support though? Does that mean that I should expect card failures every couple months? If so I'll just keep using the 32 GB card then. Or is it possible to format the 400 GB card in a way to only have 256 GB storage?

we only officially support up to 256GB on your model, 400GB may work but suggest checking the card regularly

Back