Stupid power cable

I've never seen this before. Might have to investigate.

I haven’t seen Tiffany from nextbase or the nextbase customer support on here promote it before... shame they don’t chuck these in the box on the higher end models as optional extra, just like the lens reflector as extra on the higher end models

I haven’t seen Tiffany from nextbase or the nextbase customer support on here promote it before... shame they don’t chuck these in the box on the higher end models as optional extra, just like the lens reflector as extra on the higher end models

These really should come as standard with the higher priced cams.

I couldn’t agree more (y)

that should come as standard and not an option methinks esp' at 25 quid the robbing....

EDIT: ah written that before reading on from said post

Why should it come as standard? You get a charger. No other device I can think of, sat nav etc has anything other than a single USB charger. And sat nav are considerably more expensive.

My Garmin won't work off USB in the car. It thinks it's plugged into a PC and goes into transfer mode and not navigation mode.

My dashcam and SatNav were roughly the same price.

They've only just been released, it's an alternative to the hardwire kit if you need the ports to charge other devices.

Alternative to the hardwire kit ? That's a fusebox job.

Surely an alternative to the supplied fag lighter socket lead ?

Depends how you look at it I suppose; the Hardwire kit frees up the cigarette socket, now there are two choices.

My Garmin won't work off USB in the car. It thinks it's plugged into a PC and goes into transfer mode and not navigation mode.

My dashcam and SatNav were roughly the same price.

It might be that the usb cable needs to be charge only.

You need a specially wired USB with a control wire to run a Garmin off USB in navigation mode apparently.

You need a specially wired USB with a control wire to run a Garmin off USB in navigation mode apparently.
they use pin 4 as well from memory, not 100% sure but there might be a resistor between pin 4 and pin 5, might be something that you could google to find out for sure

Just to remain off topic a little longer, mine works OK in nav mode (no traffic) on a standard USB lead unless I plug it into my computer.

I tried USB ages ago and it kept flicking between PC mode and navigation mode so I've always wired in a female fag socket behind the dash.

Back