Successful Upgrade to K2S Pro

liamstears

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, successfully upgraded my unit from standard K2S to a K2S Pro so thought I would run through the steps quickly and share some images

The difference between the standard and pro is only the firmware and the camera units so to upgrade unplug both cameras, put pro firmware on an SD card and update the firmware with cameras disconnected, then connect new Pro cameras, done!

Results:

Standard camera:
OldCamera.jpg

New Pro Camera:
NewProCamera.jpg

With both images above all settings are the same, both were set at 1080p with all standard settings

I must say at standard settings my eyes find the standard cameras more appearling, but I do suppose the Pro cameras colours are more "life like"

I haven't yet played with any settings or tried the new WDR option, maybe you guys can give some suggestions of what you think will be best? What do you guys things of the difference between the 2? The pro looks as though it has a wider capture area and I do need to adjust it slightly...

Nice to hear you got thru it successfully. (y)
The biggest gain i assume you will see in low light.

I need to do some more tests and checks yet but some important things to note:

The pro cameras have a much wider angle view than the standard
The picture on the pro camera is angled badly and the lens a bit further from the window
There is more glare from the window on the pro cam pic
I haven't adjusted any settings this is stock

So if you take all that into account I think if I fixed my failings there I would have a much better picture, I will have a play as soon as I can and upload a new pic

Also need to get rid of the old cameras, wondering if it's worth selling them on here, I can change the side the cable comes out too as I changed one for myself so 1 cam the cable comes out the left side and the other comes out the right

Did you buy new cameras separately?

I think shooting in the dark will show the difference.

Yes bought them seperately

I haven't checked night time yet, I need to find some more time to do some more checks

It'll be good to hear how you are getting on with the new ones. The increase in viewing angle is interesting.

I don't think I'll be upgrading soon because I don't fancy re-routing all the cables again. Maybe sometime in the future though.

Back