Suction cup failing to stick

Jay888

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any tricks to get the suction cup working again? it fails to stick and I've only had the cam(purchased directly from Nextbase) under a year?

Try immersing the suction cup part in warm water to soften it up, shake off any droplets, and press back firmly on your windscreen. That usually works for me. Good luck!

Try immersing the suction cup part in warm water to soften it up, shake off any droplets, and press back firmly on your windscreen. That usually works for me. Good luck!
Hi, Thanks for the tip, I shall try that and see if it works.

Ah, I tried that, but still not working :(

Suction cups often fail with larger temperature changes, also putting it back, well you cant just put a little spit on it, you need to clean the surface properly where it is to go, and the silicone / rubber suction pad too.
In general when i have used suction cup mounts, they come loose every 2-3 months, this even go for my driver side door mounted phone dock ( suction cup part is what came with my Galaxy 2 phone way back in the day )

Of course if you mount on anything but smooth glass it might change and fall off more often, but even that work sort of OK in my car as the sun shade pattern on the top of my windscreen is a pattern with holes in it and not round dots like it is in many other cars.
My car sort of look like that area is made up of the left over of the cars that got the dotted part of the sticker.
Anyway it is easy to feel the uneven surface on my windscreen sun share area in front of the mirror.

Suction cups often fail with larger temperature changes, also putting it back, well you cant just put a little spit on it, you need to clean the surface properly where it is to go, and the silicone / rubber suction pad too.
In general when i have used suction cup mounts, they come loose every 2-3 months, this even go for my driver side door mounted phone dock ( suction cup part is what came with my Galaxy 2 phone way back in the day )

Of course if you mount on anything but smooth glass it might change and fall off more often, but even that work sort of OK in my car as the sun shade pattern on the top of my windscreen is a pattern with holes in it and not round dots like it is in many other cars.
My car sort of look like that area is made up of the left over of the cars that got the dotted part of the sticker.
Anyway it is easy to feel the uneven surface on my windscreen sun share area in front of the mirror.
Thank you for your reply.

I did clean the windscreen, but I try again with a better cleaner.

I've created a ticket with Nextbase, as i am still within the 1 yr warranty, but have had no response form them yet.

It may well be that it's just past it's lifespan fella. I've had to get another one as it steadfastly refuses to hold even it's own weight. Fair play that you've contacted Nextbase during the warranty period and you'll hopefully get a result but they're only a fiver if you need to get another one so not exactly a Kings ransom thankfully :D

Back