Suddenly

Colin1t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
My dr750s has suddenly stopped working after 18 months, today after 4 hours of driving it started repeating the message no sd card restarting I've tried resetting but it's not working can someone please advice me.

Thank you.

First step would be to check your SD card to insure it's still working properly. They do have a limited life (not infinite) and is quite often the root cause of recording failures.

Take out the card and format it using the BV software on a computer.
If it won't format. It's screwed. If when you put it back in the cam and the cam reports No SD Card as before. It's screwed. You need a new High Endurance card.
Get two so you have an instant fix to the problem in future.

Some might say that getting 18 months from the same SD card is not bad going.

Your thread title doesn't give much away does it? :ROFLMAO:

If it comes up "read only' or 'write protected' when you check it's properties in a PC it has reached it's end :( If not, you can try doing a format in "SDformatter", doing a full overwrite with "h2testw" (will take many hours for large card/slow PC), and if OK then using "crystaldiskmark" to verify speeds in every sector of the card (can take many hours for large card/slow PC). If none of that directly rejects the card, find the minimum write speed from the last test and see how that compares to your cam's bitrate.

With the importance of your dashcam, you should have a spare card on hand since card issues are one of the main problems you'll encounter. So instead of all the testing I'd recommend getting a new card, and be sure it's one others with your cam have not had problems with- dashcams (especially Blackvue) can be picky about which cards they like. Then later when you have time you can play with the old card to see if it's dead or not.

Phil

Back