Suggested updates to the B4K firmware

Mark S-H

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
K6000, G1WH, G1WC, B1W, B4K
I would like to start this new thread for people to make any suggestions and recommendations to the current B4K firmware.
For the B4K_20210201_V009 firmware my suggestions would be:
1. When the camera starts to hear a voice similar to the B1W camera 'SD card detected, recording start' so that you know that the camera has started recording without looking at it.
2. When the engine is switched off to hear a tone similar to the B1W or voice notifying you that the camera has switched off.
3. A tone or voice every few minutes notifying you that there is a card error. Yesterday when I was driving I had an incident and was pleased I had the camera running but I looked at the screen and it showed in a red box 'card error'. It was a shame the incident was not recorded.

Anyone else have any good firmware upgrade suggestions?

Format the card monthly to avoid card-related problem!
Thanks for the suggestion but I have been using this card for less than one month when for some reason it showed 'card error'

I would like to start this new thread for people to make any suggestions and recommendations to the current B4K firmware.
1. When the camera starts to hear a voice similar to the B1W camera 'SD card detected, recording start' so that you know that the camera has started recording without looking at it.
2. When the engine is switched off to hear a tone similar to the B1W or voice notifying you that the camera has switched off.
3. A tone or voice every few minutes notifying you that there is a card error. Yesterday when I was driving I had an incident and was pleased I had the camera running but I looked at the screen and it showed in a red box 'card error'. It was a shame the incident was not recorded.

I had this exact "card error" problem only after upgrading to the V009 firmware. I rolled back to V008 and the problem is gone. There is a thread on this issue here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...he-firmware-on-a-b4k-camera.45096/post-555251

Some times a fix in firmware just introduce a new problem / reintroduce a old problem,,,, or several some times, something i got to feel back in the day testing on the Joovuu X cam

I had this exact "card error" problem only after upgrading to the V009 firmware. I rolled back to V008 and the problem is gone.
I may just roll my firmware back to V008 if it happens again.
Where did you get the V008 firmware?
All previous firmware needs to be with easy access for when things like this happens.
But I believe there is a V010 firmware somewhere. Not sure how to get this and what the new version fixes.

Last edited:

Friends, I have a small problem with the b4k dashcam: When I watch the videos recorded by the camera on the pc there is a delay in the speed recorded by the camera (gps) and the real speed of the car, for example: When I am slowing down the car at real speed registers 10km but the video takes time to register this speed, would a firmware update solve this delay? The camera is in firmware version V.009. Obs: I've used several video players and it didn't solve! I've had a xiaomi 70mai pro and it didn't I had this problem

Back