Suggestion: new topic for Mio/Navman MiVue units

ElectricCircus

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Dash Cam
3" touchscreen with dual camera and GPS logger
Just my two cents:

I believe that Mio/Navman MiVue family of dash DVR units has grown enough -and seems to stay- to deserve it's own discussion topic at the Dash Cam Discussion board.

Thank you.

A late response, I know (only just got one and joined up), totally agree. I got the 518 from Curry's, very pleased with it but I have two issues.
1. It doesn't appear on the list of devices on the MIO MiVue website???
2. There is no MiVue manager for Mac's???
What's all that about then?

Spent some time looking and reading up on so many different brands. This was recommended by a mate who has used one for a good while in his job
as a driver for Eddie Stobart. I'm quite happy with it except that my Macbook Pro doesn't like it.

My Mac Mini is quite happy with it. What isnt working? The MiVue specific software? Ignore it, they always build it for Windows. GEt Dashcamviewer instead. Brilliant app.
http://dashcamviewer.com/

I just manually upload from the MicroSD card to a folder I have created inside "Movies". They are in .mov format, native mac, so you can view each individually without needing additional software. If yours is the 388 you'll need dashcam viewer to see the gps info, otherwise quicktime will show you what you want, if you have the 338 or 358. Even if you have the 388, but have the timestamp and GPS stamp logging to the video as well as the gps log... quicktime will show you that, IIRC.

My Mac Mini is quite happy with it. What isnt working? The MiVue specific software? Ignore it, they always build it for Windows. GEt Dashcamviewer instead. Brilliant app.
http://dashcamviewer.com/

I just manually upload from the MicroSD card to a folder I have created inside "Movies". They are in .mov format, native mac, so you can view each individually without needing additional software. If yours is the 388 you'll need dashcam viewer to see the gps info, otherwise quicktime will show you what you want, if you have the 338 or 358. Even if you have the 388, but have the timestamp and GPS stamp logging to the video as well as the gps log... quicktime will show you that, IIRC.

Many thanks Sue - the fog has lifted and I'm up and running. By the way, I have the MiVue 518. Still can't understand why it doesn't appear on the MIO website. Heyho!

Many thanks Sue - the fog has lifted and I'm up and running. By the way, I have the MiVue 518. Still can't understand why it doesn't appear on the MIO website. Heyho!

*laughing* god knows, Colin, I dont think they ever made a lot of sense. Glad its all good for you now :)

Back