Suggestion to "display" settings and firmware level.

K1600C3

Reaction score
Country
United States
At the moment, we have no idea what the current firmware or settings are, unless you recorded them at the last change.
Suggestion:
Have the firmware write a text file to the SD card containing the firmware version, and the settings, in the same format as the settings .bin file. It could be named Info.txt.

On power up:
1. Write the file if it doesn't exist on the card..
If file exists:
2. Overwrite the file if the current date is greater than the date on the file.

You can just display the file to see what the settings and FW are at the time, and if you need a fresh display, such as after making changes, just delete the file, insert the card, and power the camera up, and it will write the latest info.

Ideally, the GUI config utility should also import this file if it exists, so you can see what the current settings are without having to open the text file also, and copy everything over to the GUI.

That would be really great. It is a pain having to take the lens cable down every time you want to make configuration changes. @RockThinking has stated in another post that he appreciates this fact and says that he is trying to find a way to change this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

That would be really great. It is a pain having to take the lens cable down every time you want to make configuration changes. @RockThinking has stated in another post that he appreciates this fact and says that he is trying to find a way to change this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As consider people might wired camera on car or motorcycle and install the lens there, take camera and lens to view videos would be not convenience.
By this point, we are reviewing, if ass the mini SD card reader in the packaging, so people only need to take SD card out.

Any comment?

At the moment, we have no idea what the current firmware or settings are, unless you recorded them at the last change.
Suggestion:
Have the firmware write a text file to the SD card containing the firmware version, and the settings, in the same format as the settings .bin file. It could be named Info.txt.

On power up:
1. Write the file if it doesn't exist on the card..
If file exists:
2. Overwrite the file if the current date is greater than the date on the file.

You can just display the file to see what the settings and FW are at the time, and if you need a fresh display, such as after making changes, just delete the file, insert the card, and power the camera up, and it will write the latest info.

Ideally, the GUI config utility should also import this file if it exists, so you can see what the current settings are without having to open the text file also, and copy everything over to the GUI.

I have been thinking about your idea these days,
When first releaseD C1, all FW and GUI files put into SD card could not be deleted automatically, so you could track what is the last settings, as people did not like to keep such files in SD card, so we let FW and GUI config files deleted after successfully upgrading.
Do we need to move back?

not the same ...Rock
fw must delete bin file after convert it to txt file...so C3 won't flash red after each start

? I just pull the SD card out and bring it up to my PC, I save the config file, then copy it to the card. First power up updates settings.
If setting time, you have to set the time ahead a bit, then power the camera up at that time so it will be set correctly.
Of course, to do this, you need a SD, or micro SD reader/writer on your PC (I have both)

? I just pull the SD card out and bring it up to my PC, I save the config file, then copy it to the card. First power up updates settings.
If setting time, you have to set the time ahead a bit, then power the camera up at that time so it will be set correctly.
Of course, to do this, you need a SD, or micro SD reader/writer on your PC (I have both)

As mentioned, we are going to add micro SD reader to the packaging.

not the same ...Rock
fw must delete bin file after convert it to txt file...so C3 won't flash red after each start

The FW guys are busy with current updating, once finished, I will check if able to create a text file to tracking the FW version and settings.

As I checked, the GUI save to Text file, all GUI setting is recorded, why not add the FW version in it and rename the file name, so it will be in SD card for tracking and could not be deleted.

Back