Suggestions for dual dash cams with safety alerts

Shireesh

Reaction score
Country
India
I saw specs of 70mai A800 and am looking for similar drive assistance features as lane departure and forward collision warning.
I noticed similar features come with Mio Mivue 766 WiFi like lane departure , forward collision warning, fatigue alert, stop and go etc.
Can some one share their experience with Mio Mivue 7 series dash cams and why are they not popular despite having several good features.

similar features come with Mio Mivue 766 WiFi like lane departure , forward collision warning, fatigue alert, stop and go etc.
......... Mio Mivue 7 series dash cams and why are they not popular despite having several good features.
if these are the good features that you're interested in then perhaps that's why they're not popular, majority of people that have cameras with these 'features' end up turning them off as they're not that reliable

Welcome to DCT @Shireesh :)

I think you should know that driving features like ADAS and LDW do not often work well with dashcams, and are not at all comparable to those systems which manufacturers put in their cars. I would not count on them at all.

Phil

Thank you jokiin and Phil , I'm looking for a good dash cam that is not 'Made in China' , the reason I narrowed down to Mio Mivue, now also manufactured in INDIA, will continue the quest , appreciate your opinion.

From several I looked it I didn't see good specs. Lots of Chinese cams better than this, but they seem to think they know what's best for them so let them have their way.

Phil

Keeping in mind he's in Delhi, just pointing out if his mind is made up about getting one from what's available on their website.

I saw specs of 70mai A800 and am looking for similar drive assistance features as lane departure and forward collision warning.
I noticed similar features come with Mio Mivue 766 WiFi like lane departure , forward collision warning, fatigue alert, stop and go etc.
Can some one share their experience with Mio Mivue 7 series dash cams and why are they not popular despite having several good features.

Unreliable features. I tested these on a camera and they were beyond inaccurate that I disabled.

Skip these features go for a reliable camera like the Viofo, Street Guardian, etc. Cameras highly rated on this forum. Your money will be better spent than on some gimmicky features that won't work well and probably won't net you a reliable camera.

I dont like mio as they are "hanging off windscreen" design, so what other features or qualities they have i dont really get to as mounting that way are no good for me.
Dont get me wrong i can install several of those cameras just fine, it is not a room question, it is a stealth question for me,,,,,,, even if my car are not stealthy at all due to the number of cameras in it most times.
But if i was not a tester stealth would be a thing right up there with image quality and build quality and support.

I had been looking at Viofo A119 V3 or A129 Duo or DDPAI X2S Pro but I'm apprehensive going with Chinese cams for warranty replacement issues as Indian government is clearly making it difficult for distributors to import Chinese cams and sell them at affordable price.
Any alternate suggestions for good dual cam with lesser cons ?

Back