Suggestions for settings with v2.4 firmware

markus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
VIOFO A229 Pro 2ch, VIOFO A119 V3, 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S
Hello,
I am looking for suggestions for the various settings when using v2.4 firmware (A119 v3)

What resolution, bitrate, file type format, HDR on or off, things like that. Perhaps something for a hood trade-off between day and night recording, and the ability to grab license plates if needed.

Thanks!

Been using this

Resolution = 2560x1440P 30fps
Bitrate = High
Loop Recording = 3 Minute
Video Format = MP4

Exposure = -1/3
HDR = ON
Parking Mode = Low Bit Rate
Enter Parking Mode Timer = OFF
Parking Record Duration = 24 hours
Parking G-sensor = High

Parking Motion Detection = Middle Sensitivity
Time-Lapse Recording = OFF
Motion Detection = OFF
GPS = ON

Speed Unit = KM/H
G-Sensor = OFF
Date Stamp = ON
GPS Info Stamp = ALL Info

Camera Model Stamp = OFF
Record Audio = OFF
Screen Saver = 1 Minute
Boot Delay = OFF

LED = ON
Date/Time =
Time Zone = -4
Language = Eng

Beep Sound = ALL
Frequency = 60Hz
Image Rotation = OFF
Format =

Format Warning = OFF
Default Setting =
Car Number =
Custom Text Stamp =

What are the tradeoffs between running at a resolution of 2560x1440P 30fps with HDR turned on vs 2560x1440P 60fps (with HDR automatically disabled)?

Or is it best to just run at 2560x1440P 30fps with HDR turned off? This was the default setting that came with my V119 V3 on firmware version 2.2. (I imagine this also might be the default setting when flashing any firmware version.) I came across a post at https://www.rdforum.org/threads/95260/#post-1574065 that recommended to disable both the 60fps and HDR features. Is what that person is saying really accurate and that it would be best to not use 60fps and disable HDR?

I'm running 2560x1440 @ 60fps HDR off and I'm very pleased with the footage.

I've tried 30fps but 60 is smoother for me.

I have stuck with firmware 2.0 as it's causing zero issues so I'm not changing.

I'm running 2560x1440 @ 60fps HDR off and I'm very pleased with the footage.

I've tried 30fps but 60 is smoother for me.

I have stuck with firmware 2.0 as it's causing zero issues so I'm not changing.

I get that 60fps will always look more smooth compared to 30fps. But the post I linked to says that each frame at 60fps has half the data that a frame would have at 30fps. Is this really correct? I'm not sure if it would make any difference if using the highest bitrate setting.

I do have a few links to some footage I have on Dropbox here somewhere.

If yiu're interested I can post the links again.

Thanks for this! I just got the dash cam and set it to McLaren__F1's settings, except that I set "record audio" to on. Is there any reason to turn it off?

For "Parking Mode", why is "low bitrate recording" better than "Auto event detection"?

Is "Motion detection" off because Parking Mode takes care of recording when the car is off?

Back