Suggestions?

xN3vo

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I'm looking to get a dashcam.
I was highly interested in the Viofo a119s but now not so much. Not that I don't think it's a good dashcam, just I would also like one for the rear.

So basically I'm looking for a decently good dash cam/rear cam (it has to be able to atleast get the license plate in front of my car (y):happy: (and rear)) whether 1440p or 1080p. But at least 1080p. Has to do good all around, but I mainly drive nights so It would help if it had a good night recording

I'd like to have a set - cause i'd feel that'd be better than buying two single cameras.

Ideally I'd like to stay at least under $200USD but if I can't that's okay still suggest it.

Cameras I like are
A119 *quality is amazing in my opinion.
Goluk T3 * It has an attractive sleek quick save/record button thing. Night-time looks pretty good, day on the other hand not so much.

So I'm looking to get a dashcam.
I was highly interested in the Viofo a119s but now not so much. Not that I don't think it's a good dashcam, just I would also like one for the rear.
A119 *quality is amazing in my opinion.

You'll have no problem with local USA support through me if you want to get an A119 V2 through various OCD Tronic sales channels.
We have the latest stock with all the latest production fixes. (very stable, new firmware is nice)
~Jon
OCD Tronic (Carson City, Nevada)

You'll have no problem with local USA support through me if you want to get an A119 V2 through various OCD Tronic sales channels.
We have the latest stock with all the latest production fixes. (very stable, new firmware is nice)
~Jon
OCD Tronic (Carson City, Nevada)
Sure, I'll keep that in mind.

----

Side note, I was looking around for dual cam's and came across the street guardian SG9663DC and thats amazing, but for 500 dollars that's way far out of my budget.

Side note, I was looking around for dual cam's and came across the street guardian SG9663DC and thats amazing, but for 500 dollars that's way far out of my budget.

If you’re looking at the .info site that’s Australian main factory site expressed in Australian dollars AUD

USD is on the .CAM site. (New USA website)

I’ll private message you a special DC discount

The Mini 0906 may be worth a try but as a very new cam I can't recommend a reliability history with it. Earlier Mini's were prone to battery issues but this one uses super-caps so maybe it will be OK. IMHO the dual-cam's of recent design have just reached the point where they are now a good value, giving good vids front and rear at reasonable prices, Of these I think the SG9663DC is best if your budget allows. Two things I don't like with dual cams us that your SD card recording time is halved. That's not a problem for most folks but I like an 8 hour recording capacity and 128GB cards ain't cheap. Second is that a card or recording unit failure will take out both cams. Not likely with good stuff but possible. I prefer separate cams but that's just me ;) A pair of A119 series cams might be something to consider (V2 versions only) as they have proven pretty reliable and Viofo is updating the firmware well which many cam makers do not do. The WR-1 might be nice in back instead; again too new for a reliability record but seems OK so far.

Whatever cams you consider, see what others who have them are experiencing in the cam-specific forums here on DCT and look at vids posted in all lighting conditions before making your choice. Lots of darn good cams to choose from today which is a sea-change from just a couple years ago :D And use only recommended good SD cards- cheap won't cut it with dashcams.

Phil

Back